2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted this idea but i am not sure if it really worked due to lack of information from the original post so i decided to get a version of the cmu firmware from an online download and LOADED it to an ARM board such as a freescale RIOT Board.

The idea is to re-build the entire root filesystem using the downloaded firmware update files (reinstall.up / failesafe.up) and upload it to the Riot board's emmc using mfgtool. Basically the same approach of writing the entire system to an SD card and loading it to an arm board such as a Raspberry Pi

Well, it works!

There are some error messages during the boot process but eventually you have to treat each error message which is usually solve-able by means of tweak on the config files of the linux system. Mostly mods on the /etc/ config files.

The only thing missing right now is the touchscreen input as the linux system is expecting a /dev/input/touchscreen0 which is not available on the RIOT board. Your suggestions are welcome.

as of now most of the modules are working - wayland compositor, cpu gauge, bluetooth, LAN, the android auto headunit (until the USB detection part, no UI yet as the headunit program exits due to lack of the touchscreen device).

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Someone posted this idea but i am not sure if it really worked due to lack of information from the original post so i decided to get a version of the cmu firmware from an online download and LOADED it to an ARM board such as a freescale RIOT Board.

The idea is to re-build the entire root filesystem using the downloaded firmware update files (reinstall.up / failesafe.up) and upload it to the Riot board's emmc using mfgtool. Basically the same approach of writing the entire system to an SD card and loading it to an arm board such as a Raspberry Pi

Well, it works!

There are some error messages during the boot process but eventually you have to treat each error message which is usually solve-able by means of tweak on the config files of the linux system. Mostly mods on the /etc/ config files.

The only thing missing right now is the touchscreen input as the linux system is expecting a /dev/input/touchscreen0 which is not available on the RIOT board. Your suggestions are welcome.

as of now most of the modules are working - wayland compositor, cpu gauge, bluetooth, LAN, the android auto headunit (until the USB detection part, no UI yet as the headunit program exits due to lack of the touchscreen device).
That is just awesome! If for no other reason than to give the head unit a much needed processor and ram upgrade that is just great. How would you integrate with the car’s other systems? Would this be able to interface with the can bus?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts