2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CorkSport is pleased to announce a new product line designed at enhancing shifting and providing positive gear changes on Mazdaspeed vehicles. Our new line-up includes the CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Shifter Bushing Kit and the CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazdaspeed 6 Short Shift Plate.

An easy upgrade that will eliminate side to side compliance and remove the slack on your shifter, the CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Shifter Bushing Kit replaces the rubber OEM shifter bushings with aluminum black anodized shifter bushings. By replacing the factory rubber bushings, which have a tendency to deteriorate and fall apart, with CorkSport shifter bushings, customers will see a noticeable difference in the way the car drives and improved shift responsiveness that will last for years to come.

The new CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Shifter Bushings are CAD designed and machined for exacting fitment and are made from billet aluminum for a long lasting durable finish. The shifter bushing kit comes with a two year warranty and easy to follow installation instructions for a quick simple upgrade that will dramatically improve you’re vehicles shifting responsiveness.

CorkSport’s Mazdaspeed Adjustable Short Shift Plate will further improve the shifter performance by adding precision and reducing the throw of your shifting while keeping the height of your OEM shifter unchanged.

The CorkSport Mazdaspeed Short Shift Plate is made from ¼” CNC Machined Steel Plate with a powder coated black finish. The adjustable setting allows drivers to customize the throw to their liking by a 20% to 40% reduction. The kit comes with a counterweight included for added responsiveness and self locking bolts for an easy installation that will take a mere 15-20 minutes to complete.

Both parts are priced competitively at $39 for the CorkSport Shifter Bushing Kit and $69 for the CorkSport Mazdaspeed Short Shift Plate and are available for purchase at www.CorkSport.com

·
Registered
596 Posts
Slow to the market but reasonably priced, should discount the two if purchased together, cost is a little high for the bushings.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet you a kit it won't fit the 2.5. Look at the other companies that make them. They all look like this for the speed, but look at the JBR or TWM for the 2.5, it's completely different. I'm surprised the engineer made such a foolish guess.
To clarify: The shift plate will only work for the speed 3 and the speed 6. What he is wanting to check fitment on is the bushings. Our engineer is far from foolish when it comes to Mazda performance parts, development or fitment. I should have been more clear in my post. Thank you for pointing that out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Question, what are the 2 sets of bushings for?

I understand one set is for the "cage".... What is the other set for?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Thick one's on bottom, thin ones on top. Cage gets sandwiched between them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hmm, looks a bit different than the JBR set I have installed.

Maybe these will tighten it up a bit more.

Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have any feedback after buying it? it would be a quick install I know. Or does the corksport shop have one in a car they could show me? I have never had any aftermarket upgrades besides the SRI I just got from corksport :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know that it is posted that they only fit the 6-speed but I was wondering if you have tried it on a 5-speed. I want to order these because the jbr bushings are not the right size for two of them. I don't see why they wouldn't fit but it would be nice to know if they do. So before I order these it would be nice to know if they actually will fit. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know that it is posted that they only fit the 6-speed but I was wondering if you have tried it on a 5-speed. I want to order these because the jbr bushings are not the right size for two of them. I don't see why they wouldn't fit but it would be nice to know if they do. So before I order these it would be nice to know if they actually will fit. Thanks for any help
Same issue. 2 of them will fit but the other 2 won't from what I've been told.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same issue. 2 of them will fit but the other 2 won't from what I've been told.
Ok the reason I ask is because you guys actually sell the two different sizes unlike jbr who it looks to me they dont. Thank you for the help Spencer. Also off topic thank for helping me get my intake order finally after all of my bank problems. I hate my bank and it's troubles haha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts