2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now available, CorkSport 2010-2012 Mazda 3 and Mazdaspeed 3 LED bumper light Kit! These premium quality light assemblies include 16 LED lights in each lens and are built for durability and reliability. Precision manufactured to match the OEM factory specifications, the CorkSport LED Rear Bumper Lights are easy to install and offer a perfect fit for your Mazda 3 or Mazdaspeed 3.

"We developed the LED Bumper lights in response to a product request submitted by customer Andrew Parmenter and are pleased with the result of the development process and Andrews feedback and suggestions." said Rich Harris, President of CorkSport,“It’s amazing how something as small as switching out the LED reflectors can have such an impact on the look of your Mazdaspeed 3”.

We will be offering the kit for 2010-2012 Mazdaspeed 3 and 2010-2012 Mazda 3 models for $69.00 in your choice of red or smoked lenses. The kit comes with color installation instructions and all of the needed hardware to install the part including the wiring connectors needed to wire the kit into your turn signals to connect the lights as a blinker.

For more information, check out our product listing at Mazdaspeed 3 LED Rear Bumper Lights

·
zoom freakin' zoom
618 Posts
Installed these last week, easy to do and they look great!

·
Speed Fiend
9 Posts
Have to wait two weeks since they're out of stock :sad 1: but they look good. Cant wait to install these and the 3rd brake light i ordered.

I wish someone would make a set of smoked taillights to match in the future.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have to wait two weeks since they're out of stock :sad 1: but they look good. Cant wait to install these and the 3rd brake light i ordered.

I wish someone would make a set of smoked taillights to match in the future.
We are always open to product suggestions and submissions. Please feel free to fill out the following product idea form so I can get it in front of our engineers at the next product development meeting! Product Ideas - CorkSport Mazda Performance - 360-260-CORK

P.S. Sorry for the wait. They have been super popular.

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
I installed the Smoked ones last night with a friends help, very easy install and they look awesome at night and even better in the day with the tinted taillights!

Just one suggestion, the wire clamps that are provided are to big for the wires that the reflectors have... went through 3 of them before we got a good connection when wiring them up as blinkers.

Also, for people installing these on a 11+ year model, we did not have to remove the rear tires to remove the bumper, we just used a 10mm socket to remove the screws that are in the wheel well instead of a screw driver, made the job a lot easier and quicker.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the feedback! I have passed the notes along to our engineers to consider for product revisions and to incorporate into the installation instructions.

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Can you do a video of them as blinkers?
You bet! I will try to do one tonight if I can.

Just as an FYI, these only work as blinkers when you do not have your lights on. (Only if you have these wired up like the instructions say, to the license plate lights) I always have my running lights on during the day so they are never used as blinkers. I just wired them up as blinkers just to use as Hazards if I ever needed too.

You could wire them differently to not come on with the license plate lights and then wire them as brake lights or as extra blinkers at night, but I wanted to try them as running lights also. So that's why I did them this way.

I may change my mind later and decide to wire them differently, but for the time being I like them.

That and it was an easy wire up since we did not have to drill through anything on my 2012 model since there were some holes already that ran directly to the tail lights.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You bet! I will try to do one tonight if I can.

Just as an FYI, these only work as blinkers when you do not have your lights on. (Only if you have these wired up like the instructions say, to the license plate lights) I always have my running lights on during the day so they are never used as blinkers. I just wired them up as blinkers just to use as Hazards if I ever needed too.

You could wire them differently to not come on with the license plate lights and then wire them as brake lights or as extra blinkers at night, but I wanted to try them as running lights also. So that's why I did them this way.

I may change my mind later and decide to wire them differently, but for the time being I like them.

That and it was an easy wire up since we did not have to drill through anything on my 2012 model since there were some holes already that ran directly to the tail lights.
I would love to get some video of them functioning as blinkers for our product page. If you would be interested in sending some video along, I can hook you up with a little something for your troubles :)

It would be much appreciated!

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
I would love to get some video of them functioning as blinkers for our product page. If you would be interested in sending some video along, I can hook you up with a little something for your troubles :)

It would be much appreciated!
You bet! Will be doing the video tonight and will try to have it to you by tomorrow morning.

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts

Never got around to posting pics...

Will doing the video tonight. I have also decided to rewire them to act as extra brake lights and blinkers instead of running lights and blinkers, will be doing that in about two weeks or so. And will also do a video of that as well to show how they work.

Reactions: chavy

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
This is perfect! Thank you so much! I have added the video clip to our product description page Mazdaspeed 3 LED Rear Bumper Lights

I will PM you in a little bit with the exclusive discount code as a thank you for providing the video support!
Thank You! and perfect, was going to place another order today for the SRI and some other things!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We do not typically set-up group buys on new products. We want to wait and see how they sell so we know what we need to maintain our inventory levels. It may be something we would consider down the road.

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Are you guys planning an update to the instructions that shows how to wire the lights to the blinkers?
If they are not any time soon I can try to give you a explanation on how to do it. Its pretty simple once you route the wire through.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts