2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately I am having a hard time unlocking and locking the doors of the car via using the keyless entry remote. For some reason it never locks/unlocks after pressing the button once. I have to constantly press it maybe 20 times until it unlocks/locks the car. I know the key battery is fine because it still lights up when I press the unlock/lock button. Not sure what the problem is. And I tried reprogramming the key but that didnt work either. Also not sure if this makes a difference but the panic button doesn't work either lol.

·
Registered
367 Posts
So lately I am having a hard time unlocking and locking the doors of the car via using the keyless entry remote. For some reason it never locks/unlocks after pressing the button once. I have to constantly press it maybe 20 times until it unlocks/locks the car. I know the key battery is fine because it still lights up when I press the unlock/lock button. Not sure what the problem is. And I tried reprogramming the key but that didnt work either. Also not sure if this makes a difference but the panic button doesn't work either lol.

It takes only the tiniest bit of juice to light up that little tiny LED, but there might not be enough to push the RF signal command to your car. My vote is battery as well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I will do that, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the same issue a few years ago. I had something plugged in the power adapter in the armrest that had an LED light, as the power adapter in the armrest is always on this LED remained on. The current from this power draw caused an electromagnetic field in that area. The receiver for the power locks in under the armrest unit. The electromagnetic field caused an interference in receiving the signal. Once I unplugged the item my problem went away.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
i have the GT tri with the intelligent key and when my work phone is in my pocket it interferes with the signal and sometimes wont let the door buttons unlock/lock the car or let the push button start work unless i move the phone or remote. my personal phone doesnt seem to affect it though, different frequency obviously. the work phone is verizon the personal is sprint. i also noticed it affects the remote more if the phone is in my pocket upside down (top of phone down in pocket) rather than top of phone facing up to the opening. and yes the owners manual does say that with the intelligent key and/or push button start the remote is constantly active and the battery life is approximately a year. in my 2011 gt it states if the remote is dead you can use the key stored in the remote to get into and start the car via the door key cylinder and a hidden key slot in the steering column where the normal turn key ignition would be (my cover is gone) but there is a cover over it that you use the key to pop off. then put the key in the slot and start the car as normal with the push button. it uses a chip in the key to validate that its your car and deactivate the security. (newer 14 and up) use an rf chip if the key dies and the procedure is different

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my new battery from amazon, took apart the key and removed the old battery and put the new one in. Went outside to unlock my car, pressed the button once, presto car unlocked. Tested it again by locking the car, one click, car is locked. If anyone has the same problem and need to replace the battery, I got the battery off amazon for like $3 and remove the key took like 3 minutes lol. The battery you want is cr1620. I got the panasonic brand.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
battery should look like this,

I got my new battery from amazon, took apart the key and removed the old battery and put the new one in. Went outside to unlock my car, pressed the button once, presto car unlocked. Tested it again by locking the car, one click, car is locked. If anyone has the same problem and need to replace the battery, I got the battery off amazon for like $3 and remove the key took like 3 minutes lol. The battery you want is cr1620. I got the panasonic brand.

Attachments

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
you must not have intelligent key as the dash display will tell you when that key is about 3 days from dying. that and the intelligent key uses a cr 2025 the cr 1620 is the flip key keyless entry one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts