2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have such a problem with my car, when I clean the car for a long time, the battery is discharged, opening the door and closing still wakes up the systems, I had a battery update done.

Car year 2019, Mazda 3 BP, problem occurs from the beginning
Aso says it's ok because there is a lot of electronics, systems and unfortunately the battery can drain quickly...

Someone also has such problems with their Mazda?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have such a problem with my car, when I clean the car for a long time, the battery is discharged, opening the door and closing still wakes up the systems, I had a battery update done.

Car year 2019, Mazda 3 BP, problem occurs from the beginning
Aso says it's ok because there is a lot of electronics, systems and unfortunately the battery can drain quickly...

Someone also has such problems with their Mazda?
Common problem i think. Are you listening to music while cleaning? From the off state, if you push the power button only one time and not twice, it should leave you with radio only but keep everything else like A/C etc off.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I don't listen to music, nothing is on
How long is a "long time" to wash? Even if its 60+ minutes, if it's only the dome light that's coming on, I don't think it's right that it should fully discharge. Have you checked the battery voltage when the car is still cold?

What aftermarket products have you installed?

·
Registered
969 Posts
11.99 cold
Not ideal.

From manual:

Measure the battery positive voltage.
12.4 V or more
Go to Step 3.
Less than 12.4 V
Go to the next step.
Quick charge for 30 min and recheck voltage.
12.4 V or more
Go to the next step.
Less than 12.4 V
Replace the battery.
Using the battery load tester, apply load current (see battery load test current) and record battery voltage after 15 s. Is voltage more than the specification?
Yes
Normal
No
Replace the battery.

---------------------

Maybe check it after you've been for a drive. If it's still below 12.4, then it may be time to replace it (early). You may want to look into LiPo if you plan on keeping the car for several more years. YMMV.

ETA: I still think it might be a parasitic drain issue. What aftermarket products do you have? Are you using an ACC "switched" remote turn-on wire?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts