2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm trying to do the serial method but I'm facing an issue, firstly the guide says to connect the ground cable anywhere on the CMU but when it's touching the cmu the text stops scrolling.
And the main issue, the commands dont seem to be working, I typed user and jci but when I try the reboot command nothing happens.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to do the serial method but I'm facing an issue, firstly the guide says to connect the ground cable anywhere on the CMU but when it's touching the cmu the text stops scrolling.
And the main issue, the commands dont seem to be working, I typed user and jci but when I try the reboot command nothing happens.
recheck your connections connect TX to CMU RX and RX to CMU TX.
Make sure you are using the labeled ground pin in the adapter and not the pin next to which is 5V. Observe the tx and rx lights if your adapter have them. Immediately after paste the command keep pressing enter a few times.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is a fiddly procedure.

I have blown 3 usb2ttl boards, for my purchase they are not so robust.

Even with a more robust usb2ttl borrowed from the office, I was only able to complete 1 of 2 CMUs I attempted last night.

At the office today I confirmed this 4th usb2ttl adapter works fine.

The cut and paste for all the commands is a blessing!

I'm betting my Rx and Tx connections at the CMU were poor on my 2nd unit.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh damn, I hope it's not an issue with the adapter because it's hard to find in my area. I found only one shop that sells it and it was way overpriced.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you can wait a while, grab a handful of CP2102 adapters off ebay from any china/HK seller. They work great for any of my other projects (not car related) and are cheap as chips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts