2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have any problems with the car until today. No idea if it's the alarm/immobilizer, battery, or something else. It's a 2010 Mazda3. I'm hoping to avoid towing it to the Mazda dealership, although at this rate, it looks like I might have to.

-Walked up to the car and noticed it took several clicks to unlock the car with the keyless entry
-Car wouldn't start; it cranked, but wouldn't catch. Tried again later, but it doesn't even seem to be cranking anymore
-Noticed that the security/immobilizer icon is blinking red on the dash (the one with the car and lock symbol)
-The rear windows are not rolling down
-The front windows roll down slower than normal
-With the radio on, and I then turn on the headlights, the radio turns off

I've already tried:
-Using another key
-Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery
-Jump starting the car
-Locking/unlocking the vehicle with the keyless remote
-Checking the fuses (haven't checked the giant black ones underneath the hood though), but have checked the standard ones as well as the ones by the driver side door

Any suggestions on what might be the issue? I'm really hoping this is an easy fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a completely dead battery.
Thanks - replaced the battery earlier in the day and it seems to be fine so far. I just wasn't certain as the immobilizer light was flashing and there was no warning/symptoms that the battery was going kaputz. Glad it was just the battery....

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Thanks - replaced the battery earlier in the day and it seems to be fine so far. I just wasn't certain as the immobilizer light was flashing and there was no warning/symptoms that the battery was going kaputz. Glad it was just the battery....
In my experience in all my cars, batteries have no signs of when its crapping out. My 2012 battery just went out couple of months ago and it threw me off being such a newer car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my experience in all my cars, batteries have no signs of when its crapping out. My 2012 battery just went out couple of months ago and it threw me off being such a newer car.
I think I was also thrown off - it's a 2010, so battery life span was already up there, but I just bought the car 2 months ago and thought it was so random for the battery to suddenly crap out under my ownership. Anyway, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I think I was also thrown off - it's a 2010, so battery life span was already up there, but I just bought the car 2 months ago and thought it was so random for the battery to suddenly crap out under my ownership. Anyway, thanks for the help.
This just means it just sat at the dealership without starting for a long time. Kinda glad not too many people "test drive" my car prior to buying it but it added to my list of bills. I'm sure the dealer would of covered it too.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
The blinking lights will still work, the radio and such will still work. As you noticed once you turned on the headlight with the radio on, it turned off. Sure sign of battery issue. It has enough charge to keep those blinking light and radio on but not enough for everything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The blinking lights will still work, the radio and such will still work. As you noticed once you turned on the headlight with the radio on, it turned off. Sure sign of battery issue. It has enough charge to keep those blinking light and radio on but not enough for everything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I think it was pretty obvious it was a battery issue, except the immobilizer light flashing also threw me off. I wasn't certain if it was the battery which was affecting the immobilizer or the immobilizer was affecting everything else including the engine/battery.

Anyway, thanks to all who responded. I was dreading something terrible since I've only had the car for two months. Actually picked it up off of CL vs. a dealership. I may need to drive it more often as it's a secondary car - I typically do one 30 minute drive per week and maybe a 15 minute drive somewhere as well....just to keep it driven. That might also be to blame as that might not have been enough driving to keep it charged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to know what cause the fuze engine 20a for protection of various circuits location 69 on fuze area glove compartment. Because I had the red car with key blinking. When I replace the fuze the car started.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts