2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but have been a automotive hobbyist since 2001 when I blew my K17 engine, rebuilt it (from zero knowledge or money--joys of being 19) and found this world. I'm 37 now and make less mistakes...haha

I recently sold my 2500 Ram and RV, picked up a Mazda 3 i touring hatch, 2.0, manual. I play professional golf for a living, and am preparing to drive 20K miles this year and do the hotel vs. RV life. I just bought some mid grade tires and found out my driver side rear shock is leaking...so, here I am researching.

I'm also considering an ECU upgrade, sound deading upgrades, and an improved suspension/driver seat for these longer trips (wondering if I could even get a heated OEM mazda seat from the pull and pay). Anyway, I'm excited and I've already done a minor tune up and am getting ready to replace all the fluids (90K miles on her). FYI, Bosch makes terrible plugs for our car, but I'm sure you know that already...NGK just does it better I guess.

I like to get involved and look forward to learning and sharing...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Mazda good life.

I suspect that once you get your Mazda back in good shape, it will serve you well.

I can’t help much with your needs. I tend to drive mine 100,000 miles with few repairs and trade them in.

I had a 2015 Mazda3 that I put 100,000 miles and just gave it to my son to enjoy next. That was the best car I have owned.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum and the Mazda good life.

I suspect that once you get your Mazda back in good shape, it will serve you well.

I can’t help much with your needs. I tend to drive mine 100,000 miles with few repairs and trade them in.

I had a 2015 Mazda3 that I put 100,000 miles and just gave it to my son to enjoy next. That was the best car I have owned.
Thanks! Yeah, when I buy a car I tend to want to keep them for a long time. So, I'm going to try and take this guy past 200K I think, hence all the fluids, etc...we're going to see the world...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts