2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in the 3, coming from an older civic. I don't need a sunroof living in Seattle. I liked the idea of cylinder deactivation-- but the rocker arm issues makes me want to choose the Preferred engine-- which is the equivalent of the prior 3.

Are Preferred users OK with the Leatherette seats (as I noted on another thread, there appears to be no Greige Premium sedans in my area; while there are a few preferred)?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 2015 s touring which has the leatherette seats and they don't seem like they will hold up over time, the drivers seat edge where you get in is wearing from getting in and out. I think I would get the genuine leather next time. Also had my steering wheel replaced due to peeling.

I believe the seat material ia the same though the steering wheel may have been updated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got a premium sedan FWD for a number of premium only features. But after driving the car for a few months, most of the premium features have no value to me - head up display (looking down at the instrument panel is too habitual to stop), signature headlights (I don't even know what they look like), adaptive headlights (I can't tell the difference), sunroof (I never wanted one), cylinder deactivation (fine, but not if it's going to cause trouble), paddle shifters (never use them). That leaves leather seats, which I prefer to plastic, but I'd rather have cloth. I'd get preferred if I had to start over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts