2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the new 3 for my next car. Here in Seattle, there are no Premiums available with Greige interiors, but there are a few Preferred models with Greige. Do Preferred owners find the leatherette as comfortable as leather? Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's best you sit in both and try it out for yourself. I've personally felt like the 'fake' leather was not as smooth or as natural feeling as the real deal. It did not look as good, either. It wasn't bad or uncomfortable to sit in, though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I test drove a preferred a few months ago and sat in a Premium for five minutes (After all the rocker arm issues, I kind of understand the salesman pushing me into the preferred). I am asking for folks who drive a Preferred every day (nearly every online review has been a Premium)

·
Registered
2019 Mazda3 Sedan Premium AWD (April 2019 Japan build)
200 Posts
The salesman pushed you to a Preferred because that's what he had to sell. The rocker arm thing is a non issue. The software patch is out and they should install it before you take delivery. I had my software update done over the weekend and it was quick. I have a Premium and wish they had a Signature trim for the 3 here. I'm sure it's coming when they formally announce a new engine option.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The salesman pushed you to a Preferred because that's what he had to sell. The rocker arm thing is a non issue. The software patch is out and they should install it before you take delivery. I had my software update done over the weekend and it was quick. I have a Premium and wish they had a Signature trim for the 3 here. I'm sure it's coming when they formally announce a new engine option.
Yeah and finally bring the features they left out of the US? ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Premium was in another lot, seats still covered in plastic. At the time of my test drive, there was no recall in place.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I haven't sat in the Premium leather seats, but I own the Preferred trim. The "leatherette" is realistic enough that it has fooled my friends who have looked at the car or at pictures of it. I have to tell them it's not leather (although they can tell if they actually sit down).

It is quite comfortable, but it can be hot and kind of sticks to bare skin more than leather, in my experience. It also takes awhile to cool down after being parked on a hot day.

I have young kids so I see the vinyl leather as an advantage for stain-resistance and clean-up.
I will say that the Mazda "leatherette" is similar in look and feel to the real leather seats in my brother's Tesla Model S. It's surprisingly close, so I don't think you're giving up too much. Of course, real leather is always nicer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts