2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@DomTheGhost and I wanted to set up a dinner this Thursday for peeps to come together and enjoy some fine food before we go back to our families for the holidays. This won't be a car meet, just a people-meet -- come out, feast, unwind, celebrate a successful 2013 and raise a glass to 2014!

Meetup information:

VERY good Chinese dumpling house. Usually comes out to $12-18 a person, just fyi. ;)
Parking here is bad, but don't worry because I live across the street! Park along Golden West Ave or Arcadia Ave and we'll walk over when everyone's assembled. Arcadia PD won't give anyone trouble during dinner times.

Time: Best to be here by 7:00PM. There's often a 15-30min wait at DTF so it'd be unwise to go much later.

Again, this is going to be a super-informal gathering, we can chill in my garage after dinner for anyone who wants to stay, I've got (some...) drinks, etc. So let me know, and we'll see you guys Thursday!

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Ride shares dumped, I'll snag a case of 805 ( my bad for not bringing to the drive in)

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like fun and not too far from me! I'll keep you posted!
Wifes and significant others welcome?
Absolutely, bring your wives or girlfriends (but not both) and kids too.

Someone tell @razerer to come too, this is his recovery food. :tongue:

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe we swing by and bring him the leftovers. :tongue:

Between here and MOCC it looks like we have a party of 8-10 folks now, that's actually pretty big! Let me call DTF and see what they can do to minimize our wait time once we get there (no reservation system is the one downfall of this place). :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
too bad I love up North. Seems like most meets and what not are down south :argh 1:

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Google says it may shower. I don't think it will rain for long given how pleasant this week has been, but wary the science. :)

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
Google says it may shower. I don't think it will rain for long given how pleasant this week has been, but wary the science. :)
then i'll be the dirty one, it is expected to have a down poor from my starting area

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Damn...a little too far to drive from Vancouver BC for this LOL! I could eat me some dumplings. And it seems like a bunch of you guys that I'd like to meet are all in that area! Have fun and wish razerer the best if you guys see him!

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I mean, take a page from @sin_loki lol, crazy bastard is driving 150mi just to have dinner with us! Clearly Vancouver is not the place to be. :p
@mazdaspeedmyk @lzrdrazor are you in on this? Wanted to get the Ritas group together too since I couldn't make it earlier. :)

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
@color0 You had me at dumplings. Santa Barbara has few decent pho shops, but all the dumping houses are overpriced and made for pussy white people who think panda express is greatest thing.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
bump for today!

and it only 114 miles from the start, one way, with 165 back home. :wacko:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts