2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced any power loss on their car? My car has 30K miles and they are mostly highway. I have completed the update over the winter regarding the vehicle feeling "limp" during cold weathers, and now I feel like its coming back. Recently went in for service and the SA stated that there is a bulltin on this issue and it states that its due to carbon build up and requires a carbon clean out about $150. Is this necessary for a 30K miles vehicle? Is it apart of the service?

·
Registered
290 Posts
hmmm.. I don't know where to start

If you DO in fact have carbon build up issues @ 30k miles that's definitely something we should all be made aware of - but somehow I doubt this is the case.. I hope
I'm @ 28k miles and don't have any issues

That being said.. you should still have power train warranty so they should look into your power loss issue and not just recommend a carbon cleanup service.

Also.. $150 for a full carbon clean up sounds really cheap for the labor involved... that is.. if they are actually physically cleaning out the valves...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm.. I don't know where to start

If you DO in fact have carbon build up issues @ 30k miles that's definitely something we should all be made aware of - but somehow I doubt this is the case.. I hope
I'm @ 28k miles and don't have any issues

That being said.. you should still have power train warranty so they should look into your power loss issue and not just recommend a carbon cleanup service.

Also.. $150 for a full carbon clean up sounds really cheap for the labor involved... that is.. if they are actually physically cleaning out the valves...
Update: I have completed 30k miles service and replaced the air filter which have help out a bit. The first tank I put injector cleaner in and premium fuel. Let see if it helps out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
if your car is not going as fast, you shouldn't have to pay a penny as long as it's under warranty. How are they going to clean carbon build for $150? SeaFoam?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts