2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv and someone hit the corner fender smashing the washer fluid container and since then my power steering light has been on and steering is hard. First I patched the red blue and white wires coming from the pump to the fuse box and tested voltage and everything is fine. Changed the pump and still nothing. Took it to Mazda and they said it was the power steering pump control module (which I don’t have because it’s electro hydraulic not all electric) and when I told them that they said it’s inside the pump but the new one has to be programmed.

Do those electro hydraulic power steering pumps really have to be programmed into the computer to work or are they just trying to shell me for more money? I need to know before I spend more money here. Everyone else is saying they should be plug and play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello! Through indirect sources (maybe someone can link you the exact part in the service manual) unfortunately the OE service manual states that it requires reprogramming.

Requires Programmable Module Installation (PMI) per OE service manual

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like section 06-14-32 of the service manual;

ELECTRO HYDRAULIC POWER ASSIST STEERING (EHPAS) CONTROL MODULE CONFIGURATION . id061400802400 I Caution • If the EHPAS CM configuration is not completed, the EHPAS will not operate properly. If the EHPAS CM is replaced, always carry out the EHPAS CM configuration so that the EHPAS operates properly.

·
Registered
22 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts