2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
DIY PRO
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
There is no belt for the power steering for the 2012 not sure about the 11. It's all electronic, which is why mine was cutting out because of the lose ground wire.
Being you are in Mass and are in the middle of winter. Most likely the vibration you were feeling was snow stuck in your wheels throwing off the balance of the rims.
My power steering makes no noise, your dealer, like mine is worthless. Take it to an independent mechanic for a second look.
I run 0w20 amsoil and only 0w20. I do my own oil change so I couldn't help you with the cost your dealer is charging you for the oil change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well that was fun. I'm sorry yet glad this happened to you I just looked at mine because I was stumped and well....good job Mazda

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I have a 2011 Mazda 3 2.0 engine. My power steering is loud and it sounds like a belt would be loose. I explained this to the tech at the dealership and he told me that is normal with power steering and just turn up your radio. Do you think that is normal I had belts checked nothing is lose. it does it all the time and it just screeches when I stay at the same speed then when I increase speed it stops then continues. It is embarressing I guess more than anything.
Today weird thing happened I went on highway and the car was shaking when I approached 45 mph. Its never done this ever I was so scared I backed off then went again up to 55 to see if it would continue and it did. I let the car warm up plenty this morning before going out. I didnt notice it when I came home an hour later but what does this mean??
Also, what oil to use ? I couldnt find 0w-20 book said then get 5w-20 and if store doesnt have that get 5w-30 I dont want to add oil if its not the right kind. Oil changes are $90 at dealership and its 45 min from my home.
Still love my mazda has around 16,000miles that is since July 2011 when I bought it.
My car did this shuddering as well at 50-55km/hr would not go above this speed shuddering so bar i thought qe would crash or someone into us. The traction tsc? Light was on the whole time i think the car kept teying to get traction even though np traction issue no rain the tyres are new ish like the last year so no issues there.
See my other posts for the rest of my issues

21 - 24 of 24 Posts