2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have the power folding mirrors that folds when i turn the mirrors adjustment button to the top. is there any way to make them fold when i Lock the doors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in denmark and know that i just could go to my dealer and buy it but i was just thinking about if it is just a setting in the onboard system or if it is something the dealer has to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in denmark and know that i just could go to my dealer and buy it but i was just thinking about if it is just a setting in the onboard system or if it is something the dealer has to do.
Another Dane here :clap 1:

You can't press and hold the lock button on the remote for 2-3 seconds, like VW, SEAT and alike?

Yezariael is right though, it is listed as a option:

Mazda3 Accessories

·
Registered
123 Posts
This was something I thought I was getting as I read the 'dual heated power folding mirrors' as being power-folding not just power and then manual folding lol. Shame we get stripped of so many things here in the USA :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
This was something I thought I was getting as I read the 'dual heated power folding mirrors' as being power-folding not just power and then manual folding lol. Shame we get stripped of so many things here in the USA :(
I don't know if we can buy after market one and install by ourselves?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if we can buy after market one and install by ourselves?
In the UK it is an after market add-on. It's about £65 ($110) + fitting. Still waiting to find out if it can be DIY fitted. It's only a relay and wiring harness so should be able to be done by a competent person.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just to confirm that I ordered this for my car today in Ireland

PN: C850-V7-650 - The dealer reckons this is a self fit kit amd it's the same across the current Mazda range.

I'll let you know how easy it is to fit when I get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just to confirm that I ordered this for my car today in Ireland

PN: C850-V7-650 - The dealer reckons this is a self fit kit amd it's the same across the current Mazda range.

WAiting to hear from you

·
Registered
116 Posts

Hi All

I got the autofold kit for the power mirrors and as promised I want to let you know my progress on this

This kit is really not a self fit option in my opinion. It consists of a relay and A relay socket connected to a wiring loom + new plug that has to be fitted within the drivers door. The instructions are very explicit in a step by step way with no ambiguity however they cover the M3 M6 and CX5 which makes for a 40 page instruction manual.

The main problem I encountered is that after removing the door trim and disconnecting the two connectors that feed into the window and mirror switch assembly one has to withdraw 5 wired pins from these connectors, insert new (ready fitted) connectors from the kit and insert the removed pins into the new connector.

I couldn't get the pins to release from the connectors despite following the method in the instructions and I was coming close to damaging the connectors and wires whilst struggling with them. eventually after an hour or two on a job that should have taken seconds I gave up (without causing any damage) and I have asked the dealer to do the job for me.

So if you are going to get this kit then my advice is to budget for the Dealer to fit this for you. I estimate that someone who has done this before could do the job in ten minutes flat.

Pav

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All

I got the autofold kit for the power mirrors and as promised I want to let you know my progress on this

This kit is really not a self fit option in my opinion. It consists of a relay and A relay socket connected to a wiring loom + new plug that has to be fitted within the drivers door. The instructions are very explicit in a step by step way with no ambiguity however they cover the M3 M6 and CX5 which makes for a 40 page instruction manual.

The main problem I encountered is that after removing the door trim and disconnecting the two connectors that feed into the window and mirror switch assembly one has to withdraw 5 wired pins from these connectors, insert new (ready fitted) connectors from the kit and insert the removed pins into the new connector.

I couldn't get the pins to release from the connectors despite following the method in the instructions and I was coming close to damaging the connectors and wires whilst struggling with them. eventually after an hour or two on a job that should have taken seconds I gave up (without causing any damage) and I have asked the dealer to do the job for me.

So if you are going to get this kit then my advice is to budget for the Dealer to fit this for you. I estimate that someone who has done this before could do the job in ten minutes flat.

Pav
Might upload the manual assembly of mirrors to see that wires must utiluzar thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I bought the kit and agree with the above - the wires are very difficult to get out of the connectors and not suitable for amateurs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mirror folding

Hello,

Go to the dealer
It is an extra option on the mazda.

I have the module on my mazda 3
Done by the dealer.
I payed 45 euro's on my new car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any experience in fitting one of the universal auto fold kits - I have a 2014 Mazda 3 Sport & got one of the kits from Ebay - See pic of fitting kit - Before I take off the door card - I am wondering if all wires needed are in the dorr ? - Please help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
auto folding mirrors

Hello,

Go to the dealer
It is an extra option on the mazda.

I have the module on my mazda 3
Done by the dealer.
I payed 45 euro's on my new car.
Two's up on that, I had mine supply and fit a few weeks ago cost me £117 took about an hour to fit thought it was a good price.P.S got a bit of discount, my sons in the trade and he knows the service manager.:grin2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There - Anyone out there had any experience with Universal kit - Or does nyone have wiring diagram for Mazda 3 Sport 2014 - Any help greatfully received

1 - 19 of 19 Posts