2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
But no manual transmission for the turbo?. Is that a surprise/a sign of things to come?

Does anyone know if they will keep a manual option for the 2021 model year for the top trim non turbo?

·
Super Moderator
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody knows anything yet. It hasn't even been officially released yet. There probably won't be any details until July...although I hear it may be Premium package hatch with AWD, thats what some leaked dealer documents said anyhow a while back - Mazda3 HB PP Turbo was included in the 2021 model year listings...so probably Auto trans only, although if its like the PP for the current 3 HB, a stick might just be available......No guarantees on displacement either. There was a reference made to the TCR car, maybe its got a 2.0 turbo for TCR homologation......? Probably not, but we'll have to wait and see...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldn’t have bought my Mazda 3 HB last year if I knew a turbo version was coming out. I feel like Mazda made it seem like that was never going to happen.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,119 Posts
Whatever.. not interested. 😒
CK

·
Super Moderator
637 Posts
I feel that they will offer the turbo on higher trims like the Mazda 6. Those who buy a 3 typically want to sped less money, so a turbo would be nice in lower trims as well. We'll see...

Also, probably not going to be anything throwing your body into the seat. Mazda really needs a an SI or Type R rival.

·
Registered
57 Posts
One dealership YouTube video says it is the 2.5 turbo on the premium and an option on the preferred trim. They also said the base model will have the 2.0 in the US.

If true, this is great news. They need the 2.0 for volume sales and the 2.5 Turbo for the upper end of the market where they are trying to go.

I will probably upgrade.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5
252 Posts
Cool !

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,119 Posts
No IRS.. no manual.. no deal..
CK

Reactions: goldstar

·
Registered
228 Posts
Should be a great car! Might pickup the Turbo 3 or maybe the new straight 6 Mazda 6.. Some good things down the road for Mazda!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have zero interest in a turbo for my daily driver. Love the 2.5 NA.

·
Registered
564 Posts
One source I read speculated that Mazda COULD bring a modified 2.5T to the Mazda3 line... with mebe 300 hp (who knows what torque value). Along with a performance-mapped 6AT and AWD that might be interesting. Who knows what the powertrain is rated for, torque-wise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have zero interest in a turbo for my daily driver. Love the 2.5 NA.
The addition of a version of our favorite vehicle manufacturer that attracts more customers benefits us all. I want them to release the 2.0 in the US to regain some of the sales lost when they dropped it in 2019. If they sell more lower power Mazda3s, I can buy the 2.5 Turbo I want and anything with a Mazda badge in 5 and 10 years.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In Mexico the Hatch Turbo will come this year followed by the Sedan next year. The engine specs are the same as the existing 2.5L Turbo found in other Mazda vehicles and I didn't hear any specs mentioned that are any different than on the current top trim. So no new surprises other than making it official.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts