2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Power boost

Tags
boost power
4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  arathol 
#1 ·
Hello, I want to increase the power of my mazda 3 Grand Turing engine 2.0L 153 HP, how can I upload a 50HP or 60HP, but he read in many forums that the skyactiv engines are somewhat complex, what do you advise? >:)

Thanks.

#3 ·
An SRI or cold air intake can add 5-8 hp at 4,800 rpm or so.
Ummm.....no. Maybe on a dyno, hood open, fans on you might get a couple hp. Real world, driving in traffic, sucking in under hood air, the best you can hope for is no hp loss.

An axle back or cat back exhaust can add 15-30 hp or so.
CK
Wait, what? Which one?:laughing019::laughing001:
1-3 hp more like. Some mid pipe /resonator replacements actually cause power loss. Peak hp might be the same or a bit higher, but torque numbers are lower.

A tune might get you 30 hp, more if you use E85 or similar fuel. If you can find cams ($$$$$), 15 or 20 hp maybe. No headers that actually work are currently available. A forced induction kit, if you manage to find one (many more $$$$$$$$$$), can get you to about 250 hp. Anyhow, to get past 200hp you are looking at several thousand dollars at least.

#8 ·
NITROUS OXIDE. T here are 4 cylinder kits in use and yes they work great on D.I. engines. Been tested and currently used in late model 4 - 6 - 8 cyl. engines. Easy to do and the Sky engine can handle it.>:)
Just use as directed and don't get greedy ...then you blow your manifold...lol But seriously , yes it works.

Attachments

#10 ·
I can tell you a 2.5 with intake and cat back loses on the bottom, gains on the top. A tune changes everything (93 octane, redline to 7k) and you need the bolt ons to get the most of it.

I’m seriously considering the NO2 for fun. It feels like it can take it.

Motor and trans mounts of course.

Catback, Intake, mounts, tune=new car
You won’t be disappointed. $2k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.