2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place that will powder coat calipers? I know I would have to get the seals and what not replaced... So hopefully a place that can do everything and I can just throw the calipers back on.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You could probably look for places that do evo/subaru brembo caliper powdercoating and rebuilding. Problem with those places is they have usually charge you a large amount and then send you calipers they keep in stock and then you send them yours to get a deposit back. That won't really work with your car since they won't have a set of identical calipers in stock. So the question becomes, do you want to be without your car for a while, pay a premium to have them rushed and still not be able to drive your car for at least a few days, or buy a spare set from a junkyard and have those done and then have to resell yours later?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Other than the risk already stated; the risks of it not working properly after the fact.
Ensuring slide points and that everything fits is another matter.... of time.

Besides, our high grit sand cast calipers are far from pretty. Just paint them. The cost to gain is too little and unimportant.
Difference with all those other calipers you refer to are clean casts with little texture, thus the powder comes out nice. They just won't be that pretty when completed.

Not any more different than a very good paint job would do at least.

·
Registered
384 Posts
There are always the paint kits or the G2 kit or if you have the time, you could dremel them to take off the texture but that will take alot of time...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already sounds like too much of a hassle.... I've tried the caliper paint from G2 on my mazda6 and eventually they startstart chipping.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Already sounds like too much of a hassle.... I've tried the caliper paint from G2 on my mazda6 and eventually they startstart chipping.
from the G2 website:

What is your 100% Product Performance Guarantee???

We here at G2™ pride ourselves on the quality and durability of our paint! That is why we offer a 100% Product Performance Guarantee! If our paint ever chips, cracks or peels we will replace it with no questions asked at no cost whatsoever to you!

In order to process a warranty kit we will need three things from you:

A receipt/invoice for your purchase.
Pictures of the chipping or peeling.
The name and address you would like the warranty kit shipped to.
You can simply e-mail these items to [email protected] with "Product Performance Guarantee" as the subject, FAX them to us at 1 (847) 327-1457 or if you'd rather mail these items in please send them on to: :

G2 USA
876 Tower Road
Mundelein, IL 60060

For questions regarding our 100% product performance guarantee please contact us at [email protected] or 1 (847) 388-3901.

We hope you never need to take advantage of this guarantee, however if you do we hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with the quality high temperature you have come to expect from us, and that all your future encounters with our high temperature paint system sets bring you the quality results you deserve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.