2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looking sharp! When I get more money this is the route I wanna take with mine rather then just rattle can. ! Just can't stop looking at it. It looks great from all angles haha.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I chose rx8 wheels as well. Couldn't stand the stock 16s.

·
Registered
383 Posts
the wheels are 18x8 +50 offset. I am running 225/40/18 tires. I will probably get 225/45/18 or 235/40/18 once i run out of tread on these though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like those. I was about to purchase a set of those from CL, the guy wanted $500 because he had some shit nitto tires on them that were worn to the point of nothing.i tried to talk him down because it was no thread left on the tires but he said he wouldn't go lower...needless to say his ad is still up on CL :001_tt2 1: lol i just thought $500 was too much to spend just to have to spend $500 more on tires. HE was a douchebag though, he started packing up the wheels while i was trying to negotiate...did i make the right decision? The pics do the tires too much justice, they were terrible in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like those. I was about to purchase a set of those from CL, the guy wanted $500 because he had some shit nitto tires on them that were worn to the point of nothing.i tried to talk him down because it was no thread left on the tires but he said he wouldn't go lower...needless to say his ad is still up on CL :001_tt2 1: lol i just thought $500 was too much to spend just to have to spend $500 more on tires. HE was a douchebag though, he started packing up the wheels while i was trying to negotiate...did i make the right decision? The pics do the tires too much justice, they were terrible in person.
I saw the same ad on CL. I ran when the ad said that he had painted them...I had a feeling they would be in rough shape if he did that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same. Have had any trouble with the tires rubbing? what size tires did you run? Any noticeable change in fuel economy?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,064 Posts
That post is from 2014...
CK

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same. Have had any trouble with the tires rubbing? what size tires did you run? Any noticeable change in fuel economy?
I'm running 235/40/18 and i haven't noticed any rubbing issues but I am on stock suspension. I'd like to get a small drop, like an inch, and i still think they would be fine unless you really loaded the hatch full of heavy stuff like mulch or pavers or something. I probably wouldn't run the corksport springs with the 235s though but that's just my impression of how low the corksports are.

As far as fuel economy, i don't notice a difference.

Reactions: dwmilton and franky

·
Registered
383 Posts
That post is from 2014...
CK
Not sure what i actually prefer. Reviving an ancient thread or starting another one about the exact same topic...lol

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT called Coffee.
2,064 Posts
Glad you are still checking in... :thumbup 1:
CK

1 - 14 of 14 Posts