2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey guys so i just picked up a corksport exhaust and i was considering getting the chrome tips and maybe some of the piping that you can see powder coated or high temp paint or whatever will work. Reason behind this idea is because i have no chrome left on my car. I have a white 3 with black wheels emblems etc. So i just want to know what would work the best....powder coat, high temp paint etc. Please give me some feedback or suggestins ..Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
powder coat?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Due to rust issues of my RB exhaust tips, I used some high temp paint. Clear works ok. Tried the "chrome" high temp but looked like crap, more silver gray then chrome...of course. I think you'll be ok with the paint...if you really want to paint em.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'd go high temp paint. Chrome will show the dirt/grime and discolor slightly from the exhaust. If you paint them a darker color some of that might be less noticable. Since your car is chrome free, I'd paint the tips to match your wheels or other badges.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would use High Temp Paint. Powder coat would not hold up as good based on how hot the exhaust might get and paint would be easier to touch up and alot cheaper.

·
3 Pedals of fun!
498 Posts
Hey guys so i just picked up a corksport exhaust and i was considering getting the chrome tips and maybe some of the piping that you can see power coated or high temp paint or whatever will work. Reason behind this idea is because i have no chrome left on my car. I have a white 3 with black wheels emblems etc. So i just want to know what would work the best....powercoat, high temp paint etc. Please give me some feedback or suggestins ..Thanks!
If your going to coat the exhaust I think Ceramic coating would be what your looking for as its designed for high heat. I used to work for a place in Vegas doing the ceramic coatings (a long time ago) Ram ProLine | High Performance Ceramic and Powder Coatings check it out. I am thinking of doing my CS Exhaust there.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would want to go black of course being that my wheels and emblems are black. Thanks for the input on the powdercoating not being able to hold up. I read some other people using the bbq paint as well. Anyone have any pics of there tips if they have painted them????

·
MAAAAAD
2,140 Posts
Wow, I would have thought that the Plasti-Dip would melt.
Same here. I would've expected it to melt and smell horrible! Haha

My friend got a 135i with ///M package and the black chrome exhaust tips looks so nice. If I was going to paint my tips, I'd probably do black chrome haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow really plasti dip?? Crazy i mean the stuff is awesome i have it on my rims and emblems so why not try the tips lol..

·
Registered
73 Posts
ya it still looks as the day i painted it and its been about 7 months and ive gone for a couple 4 hour drives on the gas the whole time and not a single bubble.. just put a nice couple coats on it and ur set. i havent had a single time that it smelt at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts