2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't think you understood that my original reply was a request for clarification from Velez. If the scoop is functional and fitment is OEM-caliber then I am a potential customer; I don't see how you're contributing to this thread by picking a bone with me two weeks after Velez's last update in this thread.

Speaking of which, @Velez3Sport any updates on this?
Not much as of right now. I contacted this one Manufacture/distributor in BANGKOK ;D
And they have the Version 2 pms hood. Unfortunately it's either a non-functional hood, or they just got it covered.

Im going to be contacting this manufacture in Canada who makes the hood, i have their number in my email, i just have to find it.

Also, ive been told that the VIS Racing Hood for the Speed3, Fits better on the regular 3 than it does on the speed. Im going to be looking into that as well.

Pictures of the V2 MPS Hood

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Because this car is from Mexico in MazdateamMexico and i know who is the seller i told him where buy the hoods
When you say seller, you mean owner?
Cause pics ive seen of that car, the hood had an overbite with the oem bumper, which tells me that it's a CF Speed3 hood.
Unless he went from cf speed hood to a mz3 hood.

Overbite.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey so this is a little late haha, but i just got in contact with them and heres what they said
5 hoods would cost $1550
shipping by sea too port of houston tx is $420
so thats $394 per hood to TX, but shipping from there would be more depending on where you are of course.
so if we can find somewhere in tx to keep them, i know for me at least, it would be kinda easy to drive from OKC.
but idk. just an option if there was anyone really wanting one

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I haven't (but plan to) tested obviously can't until I get one but to call this "non-functional" is just not true. My engine bay can get between 98 and 110 degrees in winter at long stops or in heavy traffic. I can't imagine what it will read in Texas summer here. That scoop absolutely HAS to reduce this temp just due to the relief it will give the bay and in turn give anyone with an SRI a possible huge improvement even if they have a cold air box. From what I can tell the ONLY drawback to the scoop on a MZ3, is water and dirt, which may be surprisingly minimal from what I have read causing you to clean every now and then.

I want a non-CF MS3 hood and am looking at the duraflex replica. Then I saw that MPS hood and fell in love. I'm not about spending on the CF just to paint over it. Weight reduction does little for my skyactiv lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
yea like i said a while ago, cutting the under part of the scoop out and adding fine, black, barely noticeable mesh wouldnt be hard. and i kinda like the lines on this one rather then the ms3 look alike
just my opinion though

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
hey so this is a little late haha, but i just got in contact with them and heres what they said
5 hoods would cost $1550
shipping by sea too port of houston tx is $420
so thats $394 per hood to TX, but shipping from there would be more depending on where you are of course.
so if we can find somewhere in tx to keep them, i know for me at least, it would be kinda easy to drive from OKC.
but idk. just an option if there was anyone really wanting one
Could check Greyhound Shipping. Bumpers shipped through them usually only cost $80. Just need dimensions and weight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
after packaging, the hood size is about : 165*118*25 cm ,
weight is about 15KG,
we pack the hood outside by the plywood, in order to protect the products safe,avoid damage.

and if i did the greyhound shipping right, its only $77 to OKC
which isnt bad at all

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.