2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front right now sits higher than the other three corners on my 3 after installing my coilovers last weekend. Is there a weight difference of any kind in the front right that makes it lighter than any of the other three corners? The other three have almost a perfect two finger gap but the front right is just sitting slightly higher by maybe half an inch. I have all settings perfectly even from side to side and can’t figure out why this corner sits higher. The alignment feels perfectly fine and I don’t have adjustable camber up front anyway so I don’t see how that could be an issue. Any advice?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also made sure all lengths were even before anyone asks. Preload is even for both front springs. They are both adjusted to the same exact length and so are the struts themselves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adjusting coil overs, especially cheap chinese made coil overs, is done after installation, not before. Put them on, measure, adjust to fit.

Haha I KNOW! You say that like I haven’t done this before 🙂 (although I am new to this forum so I could be any idiot so I understand.) they have been adjusted now several times AFTER installation. I just wanted to be certain it is alright to adjust the lengths from side to side to get the height matching on all four corners. Like I said, I’m only high on the front right, probably by a half inch. So I figured I should just adjust that side down half an inch, but I wanted to make sure that is an ok thing to do. I also don’t want it to mess up the alignment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adjusting coil overs, especially cheap chinese made coil overs, is done after installation, not before. Put them on, measure, adjust to fit.

Haha I KNOW! You say that like I haven’t done this before 🙂 (although I am new to this forum so I could be any idiot so I understand.) they have been adjusted now several times AFTER installation. I just wanted to be certain it is alright to adjust the lengths from side to side to get the height matching on all four corners. Like I said, I’m only high on the front right, probably by a half inch. So I figured I should just adjust that side down half an inch, but I wanted to make sure that is an ok thing to do. I also don’t want it to mess up the alignment.
*high by a quarter inch, not half. I type before I think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up adjusting the passenger front down a 1/4 inch and it sits pretty much even on all four corners now. I feel dumb for even asking about this but I always want to be sure! Thank you arathol

·
Super Moderator
4,955 Posts
I just wanted to be certain it is alright to adjust the lengths from side to side to get the height matching on all four corners.
Thats why they are adjustable...
Although, if one corner is high usually the opposing diagonal corner will be low. If the chassis is a flat plane you would need to have one corner bent upwards to get just one corner out of whack...:dunno:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
What car and parts were involved again?

Sway bars centered and properly tightened? Adjustable properly sized end links installed and tightened?
CK

·
Registered
218 Posts
My front passenger sits 1/4in hiegher, rear opposite a 1/4in lower.
Will make a spacer this weekend to lift that rear 1/4in.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Mine don't do that.. the wheel gaps were off when my RSB had slid about 3/4" to the driver side though. It was pulling on the RSB and causing the passenger side to sit higher. Broke 2 sets of end links before figuring out the bar was the cause.

I'm going to remove the top nuts on my dampers when I lower the subframe. I need to install some dust guards back there. I have some accordion style universal dust guards on in the front but the rears are exposed. Kind of bugging me knowing that.
CK

·
Registered
89 Posts
Any reason why the front passenger corner sits 1/4 in higher? I have a similar issue and for the past week, thought it was just the parking lot I park in-not even, hence altering the plane. However, I am perplexed by the fact that I am still "slightly" higher on the front passenger right and therefore a little lower on the opposite corner.

Suspension:

Koni FSD
Racing Beat Springs
CS Camber plates (adds about 1/2" of ride height)
Progress RSB w/reinforced brackets
Ultra Racing STB
Moog front and rear "OEM" length endlinks.

Please advise. Koni FSDs were installed about a week to 10 days ago and seemed settled.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Any reason why the front passenger corner sits 1/4 in higher? I have a similar issue and for the past week, thought it was just the parking lot I park in-not even, hence altering the plane. However, I am perplexed by the fact that I am still "slightly" higher on the front passenger right and therefore a little lower on the opposite corner.

Suspension:

Koni FSD
Racing Beat Springs
CS Camber plates (adds about 1/2" of ride height)
Progress RSB w/reinforced brackets
Ultra Racing STB
Moog front and rear "OEM" length endlinks.

Please advise. Koni FSDs were installed about a week to 10 days ago and seemed settled.
One thing I didn’t not do was to measure car on oem springs BUT, the fact that it was like that with Racing Beat, Eibach, and H&R (currently in the car) makes me think that with oem stock was the same. Thing is, when we lower the car this is more noticeable.
Going to adjustable endlinks (GRP) did not change any corners height.
On stock dampers and Konis, height stayed the same.
I have progress RSB like you.
I got adjustable rear toe/camber arms cause I was at -2 camber, wheels where way tucked in, I adjusted camber myself (might be negative .2 to .8 now) this makes the height “seems” a bit more even in the rear now, but the tape measure still shows the 1/4” difference. Still happier with the wheels been closer to the outer fender.
Note: i have become an expert in the past two months uninstalling the suspension component with the three different coils hahaha, done close to 10 times, trying to “fix” the height, no luck!
I clocked the suspension bushings (rear), fronts I cannot at home cause those arms bolts are over 110lbs of torque, nobody wants to do this for me anywhere. That is the only one thing I have not been able to try.
I bet there are ton of people in similar situation, only a few like us are OCD about it lol.
By now, I pretty much gave up. I am still waiting on some UHMW plastic to create spacers for that rear driver side, lift it 1/4” and see. Front I cannot do much or anything about it.
In short, it is nearly impossible to have even 4 corners cause of many reasons like weight distribution, streets we frequently drive on, places were we usually park, this over time will place wear on each corner differently. For people like us, adjustable coils is the “solution”, that, I will get but when I’m done with payments.
Sorry for the long post, I just feel you cause I am in the same boat, eventually we will get over it hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts