2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently installed my HID kit and even before I took the before and after pictures I realized that this tiny yellow bulb did not lit up on my passenger side. I tried to see what it could be the problem but no idea. The reason I know it's not the bulb because occasionally it does come back on and lights up, I checked it on daily basis since the install 7/19/17 and usually the bulb is not lit up but it occasionally does come on. I am thinking it's the wiring. I also need to know if I actually need the bulb or would it be fine to just disconnect them both. I will be dropping by the dealer this coming week so they can diagnose it under warranty and at least give me a free test. Although I don't have the greatest experience with the service around my location.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Any feedback will be appreciated :laugh2:

·
Super Moderator
5,570 Posts
Bad bulb, bad socket, bad wiring connection somewhere, who knows for sure. There are many possibilities. Let the dealer sort it out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad bulb, bad socket, bad wiring connection somewhere, who knows for sure. There are many possibilities. Let the dealer sort it out.
I just hope they don't pull the crap that it was the HID kit, because I just replaced the 1 bulb and nothing else. Other aspects of the headlight were not touched!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replace the bulb - it could be as simple as a broken filament that vibrates back into contact so it is intermittently broken.
I will try that tomorrow. It is just so hard to get in there without taking out the bumper completely off. My hands just can't get thru the tiny space that's available. Btw any idea on the bulb type ?

·
Super Moderator
5,570 Posts
I will try that tomorrow. It is just so hard to get in there without taking out the bumper completely off. My hands just can't get thru the tiny space that's available. Btw any idea on the bulb type ?
Should be a standard T10/T15 style wedge base bulb like a WY5W or a 194/196 bulb.
The side marker light is actually pretty easy to access through the fender well. For the passenger side, turn the wheel all the way left then jack up the car so the wheel is off the ground so you can access the liner. Use a small screwdriver to remove the pop out fasteners in the front half of the liner, there should be 4 or 5. Pull the plastic liner down and the back of the light box is right there. Sounds complicated but it only takes a couple minutes and is a lot easier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should be a standard T10/T15 style wedge base bulb like a WY5W or a 194/196 bulb.
The side marker light is actually pretty easy to access through the fender well. For the passenger side, turn the wheel all the way left then jack up the car so the wheel is off the ground so you can access the liner. Use a small screwdriver to remove the pop out fasteners in the front half of the liner, there should be 4 or 5. Pull the plastic liner down and the back of the light box is right there. Sounds complicated but it only takes a couple minutes and is a lot easier.
Yea I know the drill, I was just trying to avoid any of that haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts