2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I have recently purchased a 2014 MS3 iSV and noticed that it didn't come with factory Bluetooth functionality. My question: Is it possible to swap out my US simple head unit (non-infotainment) with one from Canada to gain Bluetooth functionality that comes stock with those?

I do not have interest in the infotainment system, just Bluetooth. I have to replace my head unit anyways, so I thought that it could be a good opportunity to try and upgrade if possible.

Would I need to replace anything else for this to work? I don't need the calling functionality, just the music.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not sure where you are getting thge idea that there is no bluetooth capability. I have a 2014 US iSport with bluetooth. That means that even the first production year and lowest trim level has it. You have to have it too. Look a little bit harder in the options. The radio is a bit tricky since they tried to pack so much functionality into so few buttons on a tiny screen. I forgot how I did it since I seldom but I remember it isn't that hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that's not the case. The 2014 base model iSV does not come with Bluetooth. I'd add a link to the Madza USA brochure, but I can't post links yet. Also, I only have steering wheel controls for volume, track, and mode (for mpg and avg speed) nothing else (not even cruise control).

I wish I was wrong though!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow, interesting... I thought I had the lowest trim and all others had the same + more features...

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah I didn't expect that....the non infotainment version does come with Bluetooth usually.

I'm sure it's possible to add the infotainment system. Besides the unit, you'd want the commander knob and buttons. That may mean changing the center console trim to fit it. You might be able to add the phone buttons (only two) to your existing steering wheel.

The big one is going to be the wiring. With regards to options, manufacturers often use a standard wiring harness and just don't put the option in leaving the connector unused. I'm not sure if that is the case or not with Mazda. If not, you're going to need the additional wiring harnesses.

Some options can be left out like the satellite radio,my 3 has the infotainment system but the satellite radio was never installed.

There's a link for the factory repair manual for your 2014 in the DIY forum. Take a read through that and see if you can spot the differences and figure out what you'll need. Also will tell you if you want to tackle this job yourself or not :)

The manual is very detailed but has bookmark links in the index. I use it for my 2015, it's great for the most part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts