2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tired of cheap carpet?

The folks over at Mazda3carpet.com are trying to determine interest for a 2010 version of their Mazda 3 replacement carpet. This looks like high quality stuff and blows away our cheap OEM carpet. If you're interested, check out this page and send an email to their sales department. Help us get some better carpet!

2010 Mazda3, Mazda6 & RX-8 carpet kits coming soon. – www.Mazda3Carpet.com

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Just to clarify, this is to replace the entire interior carpet, not just the floor mats?!?!?!

How much would this cost? (I know it's not out yet, but a rough estimate based on the 1st gen) I would assume that 4-door would be less than 5-door models.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the first gen price is $247 and that's for all new cabin carpet, not just floor mats. Compared to stock it should last longer, look/feel nicer, and reduce road noise a little more as well.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
....and what a swell time to install a Dynamat-type product when you've got everything stripped out of the interior anyway !

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is pretty surprising, in the video when the demonstrator shows how thin the real OEM carpet is. Almost, alarmingly thin. Wow.

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't want to be the first on this one. I am very interested though. Their replacement carpet for the 1st gen's wasn't the greatest. It had some fitment issues. I'm hoping the 2nd gen carpet is better.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
I'd definitely be interested if it represented real improvement over OEM in both appearance and ease of cleaning......signed up for the email notifications but never heard from them.......

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you want this then fine, but am I the only one that thinks this is slightly rediculous?
Well, the OEM carpet is some of the worst ever put in a car. It wears out very quickly, is hard to clean, and doesn't have any sound deadening properties to speak of. You can think it's ridiculous if you want. I don't mind :tongue:

·
1,272 Posts
I don't understand how you can think it's ridiculous, but to each his own.

I'm definitely not going to be the first person to buy it either, lol. I also signed up for the email notifications before it came out, and got 5 or 6 emails when he launched it. He offered an introductory rate of like, $200 IIRC.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got the weathertech floor mats and think they are amazing. They cover alot of the carpet and are a good alternative to replacing the entire carpet. Cheaper and easier anyways.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
It sounds like a great investment if your carpet is stained and need to replace it. If it did provide some sound deadening versus actually having to apply a sound deadener I would conceder it for the price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts