1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a set of sport classic 2s.

Fronts are 18x8 et52
Rear 18x10 et 65

With adapters add 20mm. Wondering if there would be crazy poke.

TIA,

Pepe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya think even with the 20mm adapters? The front I didnt think would be too bad but yeah Im concerned about the rears. Did a search but didnt see anything about guys goin that wide with approx a 42mm offset

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know the max on a 9.5 inch wide wheel is +35...so I'm gonna say 10" even with a 20mm adapter isn't gonna work because you won't have enough strut clearance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what kind of setup were you looking for anyways?
Nothing too crazy, going for more of an OEM+ type setup. Looking into other factory wheel setups as well. My neighbor has a genesis coupe and might try her wheels on when she switches to her winter setup just to see how they fit.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks...are you looking for something wider than OEM? Do you plan on going lower? Do you want to poke at all? These things give me an idea of what you're aiming for

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks...are you looking for something wider than OEM? Do you plan on going lower? Do you want to poke at all? These things give me an idea of what you're aiming for
Looking wider than OEM

Have RM 1.25 drop sitting in my garage

Since I wont be rim to fender i think poke will look weird. Like I said I almost want an OEM+ look to her.

I saw a set of privat werks I liked, and liked the TSW donningtons but powdercoated white.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In that case I'd go for something like an 18x8.5 with an offset around +45. With that setup you won't need spacers and you will have a fairly flush look with the 1.25 drop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In that case I'd go for something like an 18x8.5 with an offset around +45. With that setup you won't need spacers and you will have a fairly flush look with the 1.25 drop.
Hhahaha, thats EXACTLY what I was thinking. Tire wise what do ya think? On tyrestretch I found a 215/45 combo that looked pretty nice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
well since you won't really run into any fender clearance issues I wouldn't really go for a stretched tire. 235 is the suggested tire size for a 8.5 tire so since you won't need to downsize for clearance I would go for a 235 or 225. I would also go with a 45 profile tire as well to fill in the gap. A 215/40 is not an extreme stretch but I don't think it would look very good considering you aren't planning on dropping your car very low so the gap would still be there and it would just be like choosing to have a crappier ride for no reason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well since you won't really run into any fender clearance issues I wouldn't really go for a stretched tire. 235 is the suggested tire size for a 8.5 tire so since you won't need to downsize for clearance I would go for a 235 or 225. I would also go with a 45 profile tire as well to fill in the gap. A 215/40 is not an extreme stretch but I don't think it would look very good considering you aren't planning on dropping your car very low so the gap would still be there and it would just be like choosing to have a crappier ride for no reason
True true, just afraid a 225/45 might look too meaty. Maybe Ill go 8 wide with a 225/40. Thanks for the input man much appreciated.

·
Karazycarlos
6 Posts
Ya think even with the 20mm adapters? The front I didnt think would be too bad but yeah Im concerned about the rears. Did a search but didnt see anything about guys goin that wide with approx a 42mm offset
i have 18x9 in my car with 35 offset and i have a good amount of poke and i hit any little pothole or dip in the road and you can here the tire rubbing...ohh and I'm lowered on tein s techs and have streched 225/40/18 hankook ventus

1 - 18 of 18 Posts