2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in general, i really like the car and how mazda has improved its materials and build quality.

however i still see some panel alignment issues such as

• bumper is not aligned with the hood very well, this turns the hood into the leading edge instead of the bumper.
  • the optional door sill plates do not sit flush with the body. when i press on the sill, it flexes and gives a sticky glue sound. i have a feeling dirt will go under and the plate will eventually come off. this is a port installed option, so it might be the installers doing a poor job.
  • big panel gap on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel next to the side of the shifter. the driver side has a tight gap.
in general, i like the build quality of the new mazda3 over my 02 honda civic. while the civic atthe time had the smallest panel gaps, that back fired and ended up causing rattles all over the place.

anyone else see fitment or alignment issues in the build quality?

·
Registered
88 Posts
in general, i really like the car and how mazda has improved its materials and build quality.

however i still see some panel alignment issues such as

• bumper is not aligned with the hood very well, this turns the hood into the leading edge instead of the bumper.
  • the optional door sill plates do not sit flush with the body. when i press on the sill, it flexes and gives a sticky glue sound. i have a feeling dirt will go under and the plate will eventually come off. this is a port installed option, so it might be the installers doing a poor job.
  • big panel gap on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel next to the side of the shifter. the driver side has a tight gap.
in general, i like the build quality of the new mazda3 over my 02 honda civic. while the civic atthe time had the smallest panel gaps, that back fired and ended up causing rattles all over the place.

anyone else see fitment or alignment issues in the build quality?
yes! I believe the front bumper/hood is normal as mine does the same.

The one that i've notice the most so far is the driver side and passenger side window, black plastic triangle things near the side mirrors. On the driver side, they are more or less flush and aligns with the door frame molding. On the passenger side, the thing is crooked as F#*& !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts