2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after upgrading to CP/AA the audio quality substantially low, is there any way to fix it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just had mine updated and everything works fine. Maybe they botched some of the cables during installation? What do you mean by quality?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm connecting the iPhone via USB for Carplay with an original cable.

and I mean that before the update had better sound quality, now feels a not good audio quality

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only the quality of the sound changed, everything works well and without problems. I don't know if something is installed badly or I don't think it would work well.

I read in a post that the sound quality is affected by the firmware update, but apparently nobody here has any idea about it.

You have it updated and the sound quality is the same?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hasn't anyone else?
I recently updated from 70.00.21 to 70.00.100 and in my opinion the audio quality has deteriorated noticeably. Tracks are clipping and distorting even at low volumes in a way they did not before. On .21, audio on CarPlay was noticeably better than audio over Bluetooth. Not so anymore.

This has been true on iPhone 6s as well as iPhone XS.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I recently updated from 70.00.21 to 70.00.100 and in my opinion the audio quality has deteriorated noticeably. Tracks are clipping and distorting even at low volumes in a way they did not before. On .21, audio on CarPlay was noticeably better than audio over Bluetooth. Not so anymore.

This has been true on iPhone 6s as well as iPhone XS.
Interesting, as I am from V31 to V70.00.100 and its exactly the same using iPhone X

V70.00.100 on CarPlay vs V70.00.100 on bluetooth is still night and day

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's dependent on audio style as well. It's the quieter stuff -- singer/songwriter or a capella stuff or just when the instrumentation drops out. My hunch is its some kind of compression early in the audio chain, because it's not dependent on output volume. But I've had even podcasts clip and distort. It's either less of a problem or less noticeable, honestly haven't had the time to really dig in and diagnose, when there's a full band. But it's definitely attributable to my upgrade within v70 from 21 to 100.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's dependent on audio style as well. It's the quieter stuff -- singer/songwriter or a capella stuff or just when the instrumentation drops out. My hunch is its some kind of compression early in the audio chain, because it's not dependent on output volume. But I've had even podcasts clip and distort. It's either less of a problem or less noticeable, honestly haven't had the time to really dig in and diagnose, when there's a full band. But it's definitely attributable to my upgrade within v70 from 21 to 100.
it's not so much the instrumentation, definitely not the quality of the "highs" is different, you don't hear so clear.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What tracks specifically? And what format?

Are your cars on regular system or bose or aftermarket?

·
Registered
241 Posts
it's not so much the instrumentation, definitely not the quality of the "highs" is different, you don't hear so clear.
Not really sure what you meant by “definitely not the quality of the highs is different”

You on regular system, bose or aftermarket? And what file format do you play? Likewise from what version of fw did you upgrade from before carplay?

I mostly play alac files from emma competition disks and other high dynamic range reference tracks, and from apple music (256kbps) for non reference tracks and sound quality after carplay install is the same to me. (Bose system with replaced dash speakers to morel)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I havent had any problems with mine except the removal of being able to jump through music on a flash drive by letter. I have no clue why they would remove that feature. Now finding a song I am looking for takes like 10 to 15 minutes rather than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've noticed on AA that the audio compression is significantly worse when playing via the USB cable than wireless via Bluetooth; akin to listening to an audio file encoded at 128kbps MP3 vs. 320kbps.

To work around this, you can exit out of the AA interface and then select Bluetooth as the audio source, but this resets back to USB once the following song starts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not really sure what you meant by “definitely not the quality of the highs is different”

You on regular system, bose or aftermarket? And what file format do you play? Likewise from what version of fw did you upgrade from before carplay?

I mostly play alac files from emma competition disks and other high dynamic range reference tracks, and from apple music (256kbps) for non reference tracks and sound quality after carplay install is the same to me. (Bose system with replaced dash speakers to morel)
things are simpler! these are not formats or anything like that, simply under the same characteristics (with an iPhone connected by bluetooth or by original USB cable) the audio quality have changed.

There are people who say it's the subject of the software update, but I can't find any confirmation either.

·
Registered
241 Posts

things are simpler! these are not formats or anything like that, simply under the same characteristics (with an iPhone connected by bluetooth or by original USB cable) the audio quality have changed.

There are people who say it's the subject of the software update, but I can't find any confirmation either.
At least use the same reference songs before and after carplay install. Some people easily say their system suddenly sounds terrible, but is actually playing different songs as reference.

But like i said, no difference in mine using usb after carplay install. Bluetooth still is far inferior in sq vs usb after carplay install.

Hope you get to sort your problem

1 - 20 of 24 Posts