2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the plate relocator finally but after i took the thing off i found two big holes... anyone was able to plug them in some intelligent way?

I already asked the dealer if they can get me some grill parts to do that myself, but i doubt that will look any good. Also was thinking about putting fake parking sensors in there..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've got the plate relocator finally but after i took the thing off i found two big holes... anyone was able to plug them in some intelligent way?

I already asked the dealer if they can get me some grill parts to do that myself, but i doubt that will look any good. Also was thinking about putting fake parking sensors in there..
Do you think that relocater is worth 120 bucks? just asking

·
Registered
37 Posts

As far as plugging the holes, I am planning to use round self-stick black rubber pumpers like the kind you find under audio equipment I figure out what I am doing with the relocation (i.e., rigging something myself or waiting to buy a less costly kit)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, when i tried to estimate how much time i'll have to spend on this, vs my hourly rate - yea i found it worth it. I'd have to spend a day at least to get it done nicely and not in a way where it will fall off in few days

·
Registered
37 Posts
So, when i tried to estimate how much time i'll have to spend on this, vs my hourly rate - yea i found it worth it. I'd have to spend a day at least to get it done nicely and not in a way where it will fall off in few days
Thanks. From the pictures I saw of this relocator on ebay, it was not clear to me how the actual license plate attaches to the spacer that sits within the lower airdam/grill. Is there another part that is not being shown in the listing?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts

Try these?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,417 Posts
exactly what i've been looking for - thanks!
Those won't work. They are panel attachment pins and require a fairly deep hole for the expansion to keep them secure. Pop them into a screw hole in the grill and those might just rattle around loosely.
Best bet for filling those holes in the grill is a bit of epoxy, carefully sanded flat and painted over with a quick shot of black spray paint. I did the holes in my 2016 this way and they were invisible afterwards. You should be able to do the same with your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts