2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I bought a 2018 Mazda 3. Honestly I bought it at Carmax and it said on the specs that it came with a Bose system. As a a kid just starting college I just assumed that it did and didn't double check (I double checked engine and everything important). Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but naturally I want to try to improve my car as much as i can. First I thought sound deadening was the key (I plan to do in the future) to improving the audio as it seemed kind of weak for Bose speakers. After realizing they were mazdas basic speakers i realized that would be a key. My questions are:

Will installing new speakers help?
Do I need to add an amp as well? (Im not getting a sub but I heard something about adding an amp to power speakers cause mazda headunit might not be effective enough. PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
35 Posts
I would suggest an inline amp (power-pack). I’ve had great luck with Alpine. The KTP-445U is a good choice. Not super expensive and basically just boosts your existing speakers. Though, you may still have to replace the factory speakers with better ones. Couldn’t hurt to try it on the factory ones and change them out if they don’t fair well. Make sure the ohm load and power is good for what you need, as I’m not familiar with the non-bose system and it’s power requirements. There are other versions around the same price, though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts