2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I am still very new to modding but very excited.

One of the first things I want to do is change the color of my emblems on my 2010 Mazda 3 2.5. I have been told that plastidipping is the best way to go. I want to change the Mazda M's to black and the 'Mazda' and "2.5' to red.

Has anyone done something similar?

All feedback welcomed

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did the fog light trim rings today. I took them off and plasti dipped them but you can leave pieces in place and it works just fine. When you first spray the plasti dip it looks odd. It looks like it's not covering but as it dries it evens out. Not sure how else to explain that but that was my experience with the stuff. I think it works great. I use a heat gun between coats just because I'm to impatient. Best thing is if you don't like it you peel it off.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Did logo's and grill / bumper on my B4000 and works great. Layer and be thicker than normal paint. Works better and easier to remove if you want... logo's tape off a space around logo and paint on the car and then peel off the excess it follows the edges :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did the fog light trim rings today. I took them off and plasti dipped them but you can leave pieces in place and it works just fine. When you first spray the plasti dip it looks odd. It looks like it's not covering but as it dries it evens out. Not sure how else to explain that but that was my experience with the stuff. I think it works great. I use a heat gun between coats just because I'm to impatient. Best thing is if you don't like it you peel it off.
How did you take off the fog light trims? I'm thinking about doing them in red. But if that doesn't look good then black

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you want the dip to look smooth and apply evenly when spraying, put the paint can into hot water for 10 minutes before painting. The end result will look much better and will actually adhere better as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts