2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just plati-dipped my rear valance and it looks awesome. Even though it looks sweet, I noticed one issue. At some point, I accidentally touched it with my thumb so now there's a thumb print. It looks perfect and this was my second attempt as I had to peel it the first time. Is there a way I can get rid of the print without peeling it and starting over?

·
Just Having Fun
232 Posts
If the edges are raised very much or the print is too deep you might try rubbing it with your finger lightly and see if you can smooth it out a bit before touching it up as Mr Holland 101 suggested.
That's good point. I would definitely try that first.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't feel so bad, I did mine in my garage in about 30* weather and it came out like this
You have to keep the cans warm if you're doing it when it's cold. It makes it a lot trickier. And doing large areas, you need to make sure the can doesn't cool down too much by the time you get to the later sections, or they will have texture. I did this by bringing out two cans in my winter jacket (inner pockets) and using one while the other is warming in my jacket.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have to keep the cans warm if you're doing it when it's cold. It makes it a lot trickier. And doing large areas, you need to make sure the can doesn't cool down too much by the time you get to the later sections, or they will have texture. I did this by bringing out two cans in my winter jacket (inner pockets) and using one while the other is warming in my jacket.
Yeah, I literally was shaking my cans constantly throughout the process. I waited about 15 minutes in between coats and shook for all 15 minutes in between. It was about 25 degrees outside and everything came out smooth with hardly any texture. I was actually really surprised and impressed with how it turned out in the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts