2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just went out and got a couple cans of plasti dip and thought id mess around because i know its not permanent, so here are some pics and ideas of what you can do with it
Rims
Engine Cover
Front Fascia
Skyactiv Logo
Front and rear mazda logo
and the mazda 3 logo

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
I dipped my wheels. Its remarkable how good it looks for the money invested. I personally like a little chrome emblems and the blue engine cover so i wont be doing those. Id probably debadge the skyactive badge it looks kinda odd dipped..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Plasti dip looks nice ! I did my emblems as well but debadged the "skyactiv" because it does look a bit odd and it looks much cleaner without it in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
This is how mine looked before the tint guy let his alcohol/water mixture run down my hatch and softened the trim glue and it fell off. I decided to just go with the Axela badge this time lol. I like plasti-dip for trying colors on before deciding on permanent paint schemes. But that's just me.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas guys I might try debadging the skyactiv badge is there a how to guide on doing that? And I'm also painting my break calipers blue to match the car

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the ideas guys I might try debadging the skyactiv badge is there a how to guide on doing that? And I'm also painting my break calipers blue to match the car

On a warm or hot day use some floss or a fishing line and go behind the badge.. It should come off pretty easy. Then when you remove the badge use a microfiber towel to clean off the remaining adhesive. Some product called goo gone can help with the adhesive removal as well.

Really simple but just to let you know that the "mazda" and the rear mazda emblem have holes behind them. The "skyactiv" and the "3" do not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts