2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I usually consider myself a pretty tech savvy guy, but poking around the forum for an answer is kind of making my head spin. So I hope someone can explain this to me like I'm 5.

I have a 2016 Mazda 3, OS version 55.00.753. I'm using an iPhone 6 now, which works OK but not perfectly with the Infotainment system. I'm thinking about buying a Pixel 2. Will I be able to connect via Bluetooth and USB? Any known issues I'll encounter? If it won't work, will following one of the Android Auto install guides be the cure?

Thanks so much for any help.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
My android phone can connect via BT and USB. I'm on Android 6.0.1. No problems at all in my 2016 ST3 or my new 2018 GT3.

I do not use Android Auto..
CK

Reactions: alfonso_nn

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the original Pixel with Android 8.1.0 and it works great via Bluetooth.

I have Android Auto installed via AIO and have not had any issues using the phone connected via USB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a Pixel 2 XL with android auto installed, sometimes I need to restart my phone for the car to actually load android auto, but it's only happened twice in the month or so I've had it. Bluetooth is always flawless in my experience, unless you've got another device connected that also is used for bluetooth calls (Samsung Gear S3 for me), but once I turned off the watches ability to be used for calls, it's been fine since. Before android auto was installed, I was having a hard time playing audio through USB, regardless of android's use of USB.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got a Pixel 2, and with Mazda Connect (I haven't installed AA) I cannot access my texts at all. Phone calls and music work about as well as with my last Android phone, which is to say Pandora remains pretty unreliable.

*Update*
After downloading an Android 8.1 update yesterday, texting seems to be working again, for what it's worth...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts