2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just noticed recently that no one else on here has pin-striping like I do along the sides of the car. Got it like this from the dealer. Not listed as an option on the sheet either. Anyone else seen this or have it?

It runs just under the windows and follows the curve of the back triangular window. A mazda symbol leads the stripes. I will try to take more pics next time I drive it(I live on campus at the moment, parking lot is far away)

·
Car Nerd
814 Posts
My car doesn't have it, and I haven't seen any other 2nd Gen 3's with it either. I hope they didn't make you pay for it. :tongue:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My white 5 door has pin striping also, but its different from yours. It starts just behind the head lights and continues almost to the tail lights. Mine does not have the Mazda logo in it either.

Attachments

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very interesting. They didn't make me pay extra for it, I'm positive. Originally, I go my car from a dealership car swap, so it was my lucky day when I went. So I'm assuming the other dealership put this on. Going out soon, Will take a few more photos if anyone is interested

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
I have something similar...it's whatever...not for or against it really.

Attachments

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
I've never really understood the pinstriping on cars? Is it meant to break up visual of the car or ? I personally am happy my cars came without it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
There's a dealer around here who puts pinstriping on almost every car they sell as well as fabric protector. You get charged for it and can't get one without it unless you tell them to not do it on a car that they have not received yet.

·
Registered
633 Posts
There's a dealer around here who puts pinstriping on almost every car they sell as well as fabric protector. You get charged for it and can't get one without it unless you tell them to not do it on a car that they have not received yet.
Yeah another way for the dealer to make a few hundred more bucks on a sale. His outlay is prolly less than ten bucks. Dealer scam here in Ottawa is so called security etching on the glass.

Pat.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah another way for the dealer to make a few hundred more bucks on a sale. His outlay is prolly less than ten bucks. Dealer scam here in Ottawa is so called security etching on the glass.

Pat.
Ditto. $200 inked into the invoice.

Oh and btw, pinstripes make your car go faster. Or so I've heard.

·
Registered
115 Posts
WAY off topic-

I know everyone has to make money to survive, but you would think a dealer or two would pop up that didn't do these sneaky techniques to nickle and dime every person that steps onto their lot. Customer service goes a long way. A dealer that didn't live up to the usual stereotypes would get a lot of word of mouth business. Or so I'd like to think.

On topic- I don't have pin striping but I like it just because it makes your car look different from every other Mazda 3 out there.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I like the pinstripe that does not curve over the wheel well. It has a subtle mark of distinction and originality to it. I guess it is personal preference, but I like it!

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
Luckily around here my car already stands out. From what I've seen there aren't many of the 2nd gen 3s around Charlotte. I saw a hatch in red, black and the celestial blue. There are 2 white hatches, mine and another person... it was kinda funny when we were next to each other on the highway. I've only seen one speed3 and it was celestial blue.

Now there are quite a few of the 4 doors going around

·
Registered
222 Posts
My '10 Velocity Red sedan has pinstripes from the headlights to taillights. My dealership traded with another dealership so I did not pay for them.

I have always cringed at the thought of pinstripes but they really are not too bad, still going to have them removed at some point. Only problem is it appears they put some sort of clear coat over them so they are cannot just be peeled off. I am really hoping a good detail shop can get them off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, my black Mazda3 GT came with sliver pin strips. Looks okay, but one of them is a little torn at the end. No charge for them of course.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been thinking about some sort of graphics but am yet to do anything about it - I wouldnt mind a large one but it would have to be classy and fit with the mood of the car. this is a pretty dodgy job with paint but something like this.. Whatcha think??:001_unsure: ohh and does anyone know of a site where you can do a virtual fit of graphics on a picture of your car?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts