2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how is everyone mouting their Ultragauge. Let's get a thread of pictures going. Also, what gauges are you finding the most usefull?

Here's mine on the window mount... Not sure I like it yet. I might try something with Velcro over near the Nav/MID later (like over the SDcard slot)

So far, I've got coolant temp, intake temp, fuel level %, ambient air, HP1 and Torque1 on page 1.

Coolant and intake will ge nice to monitor. Real fuel level vs the stupid dots on the actory s nice. Ambiant is useless sice ts on the MID already.

Is the HP or Torqe anywhere realistic? I'm guessing it gives some sort of estimate at the crank?.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I'll have to take one later today, but mine is mounted in a similar place. I have it angled towards me and I hid the wires behind the steering column cover. Not sure about the HP/TQ numbers.

·
Bird is the word!
998 Posts
Its a rough estimate in numbers but from what I've heard from other people using them and then dyno its pretty damn close to accurate numbers

sent while going back to the future

·
Hella-gone
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I especially like the antique hard mount cell phone!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bump...

Some shots of my set-up...

Attached to the removable non-A/C vent, via a $10 universal mobile phone holder that has pegs which allow it to to clip onto the vent. The ball joint from the holder was too small to fit the Ultragauge socket, so I attached the U/G holder to the backing plate via some velcro. This set-up keeps it low enough so it doesn't encroach above the bonnet line, slightly above the height of the middle Radio and Info screens, and it also allows for a sunshade to fit fully over the top when parked outdoors. It's also mostly hidden from view from the side of the car, being so close to the A pillar. There is a slight wobble over rough roads, caused by some looseness in both the pegs and the velcro interface, so I will probably get a second vent at some stage and drill or glue this assembly onto it for a more rigid set-up.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts