2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I was planning on buying a set of either 18x8 or 18x18.5 black rims for my meteor gray mazda3 and havent really seen many pictures besides people with black/gunmetal Mazda OEM rims, so if you have a setup could you possibly post pictures so I can make sure they look tight and then Im ready to buy some I have been looking at :smile2:

·
Official Ricer
392 Posts
You can also use tirerack's service to look at black colored wheels on your 3.
Although...choosing meteor gray color is woefully close to titanium flash on their site; quite indistinguishable I should say.

Reactions: akMazda

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have a Meteor Gray and plan on going with 19 x 8.5. My color choices are blue, white, bronze and lastly, gunmetal.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Check out the wheel and tire picture thread in this section and also the What did you do to your 2014+ Mazda 3 in the Discussion section. I have seen many Meteor Gray's with Black rims.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here are a few I saw from another member. In a month or so I will post my pics. I plan on getting the Enkei TS9s in black.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seeing blue rims on a meteor gray will definitely be interesting, post pics whenever you get it!

Also thanks for posting those pictures, it looks nice, I wanted to get something more like the TSW nurburgring but those wider spokes dont look half bad on that color. And i think i might consider getting a roof rack like that one, adds some personality to the car for sure

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I blacked out the hubcaps on my steelies just to see how gray on black looked like before I went with gray on gray. Black wheels are always good though.

·
Eric P
35 Posts
I really like the black wheels with the grey, does anyone have pics of meteor grey with colours like bronze or gold???? I was thinking of just dipping my oem 18s one of those colours

·
Registered
350 Posts
I really like the black wheels with the grey, does anyone have pics of meteor grey with colours like bronze or gold???? I was thinking of just dipping my oem 18s one of those colours
Here is mines with the Volks SE37 bronze 18s. Looking for drop springs that isn't more than 1 inches so please mind the ride height.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Since I wanted Blue rims and not planning on getting rims until '17, I plastidipped mine Blue. Looking at an Eibach, Road Magnet or H&R drop next summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am strongly considering white wheels for my meteor gray hatch, I have the stock set blacked out for now until I come up with enough for wheels. I have spent enough with the other mods I have done and wheels will be the really big plunge.

Reactions: leela222

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ended up getting Mazdaspeed3 Gen 1 wheels because I thought they look really good and they are only 18x7 width so probably wont lose too much gas mileage either

i havent installed them yet but i feel like theyll look pretty sick regular silver too

once i get the lowering springs and get it tinted I will probably plastidip the rims black

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I am strongly considering white wheels for my meteor gray hatch, I have the stock set blacked out for now until I come up with enough for wheels. I have spent enough with the other mods I have done and wheels will be the really big plunge.
Do it! White would look so sexy. That's another color on my list!

·
Registered
88 Posts
What I'd like to get is a preowned set of 19" Mazda 6 GT wheels, and toss them onto my 3. You know, with the slightly grayed tint, almost gunmetal finish. Perhaps with a set of spacers as well. Would retain a nice, OE appearance. Wonder what it'd do to the already jouncy and unrefined ride quality though...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts