2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps, I'm new here though I'm on many other forums.

I live in NH and I'm taking delivery of a brandy-new 2014 Mazda3 i Sport sedan with the 6-speed manual tomorrow!

I look forward to learning more about this car and its features.

How many i Sport owners are here? Seems most people go for the Touring and Grand Touring trims.

My first mod will be to hardwire a radar detector and a dashcam. Hopefully before we leave for our Thanksgiving trip on Wednesday. Any tips for running the wires down the A pillar to the fuse panel?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks. :) I haven't looked to see how to remove the dealer decal yet but I expect it just peels off. Winter seemed to arrive in a hurry last night and it's frigidly cold and windy out today, plus my evil mother in law is having HER Thanksgiving today so no car fun for me today.

We had a snow squall last night while we were in the car and I was thinking, I get to drive my brand new car in a snowstorm ALREADY!? The car handled fine but we could barely see a thing, I almost ran off the road a few times because I couldn't see the road markings. The low beams aren't as good as the HIDs I had in my Audi.

I don't know if it's a Mazda thing or just something they do here in the arctic but they put nice Yokohama all-season tires on it instead of the usual cheap Dunlop or whatever new cars usually come with.

Tomorrow will be my first commute in the car, so we'll see how I like it for that since that will be its primary use.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome! Love the the look of the new 14's in the dark colors.
I'd upgrade your lights to HID's to get better output, they are so worth the money spent.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I live in NH and I'm taking delivery of a brandy-new 2014 Mazda3 i Sport sedan with the 6-speed manual tomorrow!

I look forward to learning more about this car and its features.

How many i Sport owners are here? Seems most people go for the Touring and Grand Touring trims.
Nice choice :) I have the same car as you except it's a hatch.

Swapped out the stock all season Yoko tires and 16x.6.5 steelies with some 16x7.5" alloys I had laying around and wrapped them in more aggressive BFG Summer rubber.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
37.4 MPG according to the trip computer on my first commute in the new car. Not too shabby, and quite a bit better than my A4 got (25-27 MPG on average)

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's quite good. The computer says my average mpg since it rolled out of the factory (2,400 miles ago) is 31.5 as of right now. I do a pretty good amount of city driving and my foot is pretty heavy (obviously).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts