2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wouldn't wrap in clear vinyl. It would keep the original plastic from being scratched but you'd still see all the smudges and the dust. I'm definitely wrapping the shifter trim and the window switch trim...the question is what color.

·
Hoon Apprentice
113 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
That glossy black trim still looks like the day I bought my car, it's the interior door panels that look awful. The plastic is way too soft and it's all scuffed now :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 2014 has barely any scuffs or scratches. I do use 303 Aerospace wipes regularly for UV protection. They seem to act like a barrier for physical damage too... Or at least a good hider.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't wrap in clear vinyl. It would keep the original plastic from being scratched but you'd still see all the smudges and the dust. I'm definitely wrapping the shifter trim and the window switch trim...the question is what color.
do you happen to wrap it now? And did you first remove the trim before putting vinyl wrap?

·
Registered
163 Posts
do you happen to wrap it now? And did you first remove the trim before putting vinyl wrap?
I haven't wrapped it yet. You can probably do it without removing the trim, but the results wouldn't be as clean as it would be with the trim removed.

Reactions: alextheGOAT
1 - 10 of 10 Posts