2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this issue? The phone connects to the car just fine and all audio/call functions work as intended. The only problem is that when i get texts/emails the audio on the phone doesnt make a sound.

Josh

·
Registered
750 Posts
My cheap little Samsung still makes all of its own sounds while synched, to include the ringer. It could be a phone specific feature/problem.

·
Super Mod
382 Posts
With all of my bluetooth handsfree/car experience (granted none with the Mazda 3), I've learned that it kinda depends on both the bluetooth device and the phone you are using.. If the 3's bluetooth is capable of making small beeps when you receive texts etc. then it may have something to do with your phone.

Were you ever able to hear audible alerts?

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
it's a phone specific problem. my phone does the opposite... the text sound overrides any music playing, so the music stops to play my message tone. slightly irritating, but putting it on silent fixes that.

what kinda phone d'you have?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine does this. I have an iPhone and when the phone is on ring the car will beep when I Rec. A txt. When the phone is on vibe the car wont beep.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
wait, i'm confused. when connected to the car, your phone doesn't make a sound when your receive text/email or the car doesn't? or are you asking if the message tone will play through the bluetooth? if your phone's not playing its tone, then it's a phone problem. if you're talking about notification through the car speakers, it's your bluetooth profile, which can only be fixed by upgrading your phone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wish there was some kind of Bluetooth texting technology available. Like, you'd get a text and the text would appear on our MID. Reply to text with VOICE RECOGNITION! What do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
With my bluetooth, no sound will come from my phone. I have the Moto Droid and the google navigation will not talk when bluetooth is connected (kinda frustrating), so to get full use of the nav I have to disconnect the bluetooth.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
Must be nice to have 2.1, I'm still sitting on 1.5.... stupid Cliq.... lol

Reactions: m24mura

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok, I have this exact same question.

From what I've been able to determine is that it doesn't matter if the iPhone 4 is on silent/vibrate or the ringer is turned on, if it is connected to the Bluetooth then it will NOT make a sound when I receive a text message or an email. The only sound that will come through on the Bluetooth is if the phone rings...which it does through the car and not through the phone. However, if I have the iPhone connected through the Bluetooth with the AUX and I'm listening to music, then sounds from text messages and emails will come through the Bluetooth if the ringer is turned on on the iPhone.

So, basically...is there a way to make it so text message sounds will be audible even when it's connected to the 3's Bluetooth and I am not listening to music via the AUX option (such as when I'm listening to satellite radio)? It looks like this thread is over a year old, so I'm hoping someone has figured it out since then...? Thanks!

·
Registered
732 Posts
From what I can tell, if you are not listening to AUX or Bluetooth streaming audio you will not hear any sounds from your phone except the ringer.

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
The only way I have gotten it to make the regular sounds when it is NOT connected through AUX is when I am listening to music via the BT connection. Radio, CD, Sirius do not allow the email, text message, etc notification sounds to come though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Put your radio on AUX for BT sounds such as navigation (ie GoogleMaps Nav). I was frustrated with this until I figured out that the sound will go through, just in AUX mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this post is 11 years old. I have a 2013 Mazda 3 5 Door and when BT is connected on my Android Note 9 phone, I don't get any sound notification when a text message is received.
At first, I thought it was because I use Textra, and not the default texting app, but that's not the case.
I finally incorporated a workaround using an app called Tasker. I wrote a small Profile to beep when SMS received and BT Near Mazda. This is not perfect, but at least I know when I get a text message. I'd hoped that I could instruct Tasker to make my whistle sound, but it seems that even Tasker was sending stuff through BT when connected. So, I have Tasker Beep at a frequency of 8000 for 3591 milliseconds. I say beep, but it's more of a screech. I think the beep is sent to the phone's speaker and NOT through BT, which is why it works.
Here's a screenshot of the Tasker Profile Named "Beep when Text Received". Ignore the AOD and *ELEMNT Profiles:
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

Here's the Beep Task in Tasker:
Brown Rectangle Font Circle Pattern

And here's the Morse Task (which is not heard in the car, but I left it in there since the Beep works):
Brown Rectangle Font Circle Pattern

I hope this helps someone else, too. I lived with no audible text sound for 9 years before finally coming up with something...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts