2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’ve seen several times in different posts people asking about mounts for their phone. I’ve rigged something up and someone out there may find it useful. Keep in mind, the screenshot I’m showing from Amazon isn’t the exact mount I have. I actually got this mount from work, the guys use it to strap a tablet around a pole they use to GPS underground utilities. I posted the picture so it is easier to understand the type of mount needed for this, and that one on Amazon looks very similar to the one I have. I removed the rubber strap and ran a heavy-duty zip tie through it, wrapped it around the trim and cinched it down by grabbing the tab I pulled through with some needle-nose pliers and rolling it tight. It works really well and it’s the only spot in the whole car where it mounts great and facial recognition still works. The actual phone-holder part is another mount, but I’m sure most people are like me and have several of those lying around that may fit,or can possibly use the one it comes with.

Unless you are a delivery driver or you REQUIRE repeated navigational instruction, you will be better off
leaving your cell unused while ZOOM ZOOMING. Someone else might also benefit. Can't keep track of how many retaaraaaaaaaded driver moves are influenced by phone use, even my friend driving a 18 wheeler. Death by cell.

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S Grand Touring, 6spd Manual, Soul Red
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Unless you are a delivery driver or you REQUIRE repeated navigational instruction, you will be better off
leaving your cell unused while ZOOM ZOOMING. Someone else might also benefit. Can't keep track of how many retaaraaaaaaaded driver moves are influenced by phone use, even my friend driving a 18 wheeler. Death by cell.
I think it’s common knowledge to be responsible with phone use while in a vehicle.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Kuda isn't a vent mount, though. Here's another neat BM/BN specific mount.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Snug, secure, adhesive-free, snap-on model-specific magnetic mount. They're good as advertised!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts