2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I left my hatch slightly open when I went out of town for 2 weeks. I came back my battery was dead as hell so I got it jumped and everything was fine. 3 days later I installed the new android auto update (now with Bluetooth calling!) and a few other mods before work. Everything was fine on hour drive to work. On my way home my CMU started randomly scrolling and selecting things from different menus. Picking random things on my ipod, randomly switching the input, randomly calling people from my phone. This went on for a few days until I uninstalled every tweak because I literally couldn't use the system for anything. Now I am still getting phantom scrolls and menu activation but way less frequent but still there.

Has anyone seen something like this before? Could jumping the battery have fried the infotainment system? Is this a CMU issue, software issue or possible the control knob going bad issue? Or is my car haunted ?

2015 iGT w/NAV \ latest version fw for 55 NA \ ATT Galaxy s7 running 7.0 \ 80GB Ipod classic

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good news - I got a notice today from Mazda that they will be fixing this under an extended warranty (84 months). And if you already paid to have it fixed they will reimburse the costs. Way late to the party but at least it can be fixed etc etc. My dealership is now waiting on parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts