2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I could not disagree more. One of the things I absolutely loved about the top end Mazda 3’s was the front and tail lighting. The line that makes them look like eyes. A big part of what makes this model so great looking. I always thought all trim levels should have them as a trademark.
The new lights are nice for what they are, but nothing beats the hawk eye look for me.
These are not the best photos, I am in a rush.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a '16 Touring so the new one is a huge step up for me. I agree the "hawk eyes" are nice but imo the new red halos give it a more aggressive mean look.

Looks like it's asking the person driving behind you at night "what the f*** are you looking at?! ��" I can go for that lol.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Should have made this a voting thread, opinions are so different would be interesting, for me the eyes thing was a big deal and so unique. What I do not like is the lower trim the lights are just not as nice. Like for me the Hatch is so much better looking while others hate it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I like angry eyes back and front

·
Mazda 3 Lover
115 Posts
I could not disagree more. One of the things I absolutely loved about the top end Mazda 3’s was the front and tail lighting. The line that makes them look like eyes. A big part of what makes this model so great looking. I always thought all trim levels should have them as a trademark.
The new lights are nice for what they are, but nothing beats the hawk eye look for me.
These are not the best photos, I am in a rush.
you are absolutely right. the 3rd gen tail light is the best of all. the new one looks a bit old, as if a VW.

·
Registered
363 Posts
WARNING..
I can guarantee that the Tail Lamps on the all new BP Mazda 3 WILL NOT install/work on the BM Mazda 3.
Even thought they look similar, the shape is Not the exact same, therefore will not fit or seal correctly.

As a Mazda Parts guy with 40+ years experience I am 99.9% certain neither versions will fit, and NO I have not physically
compared the two together...really don't need to.
I am talking Genuine Mazda Parts, but I stand corrected...always.
:)

·
Registered
720 Posts
If you haven't, put LEDs in you rear. Turn signals as well as rear bumper reflectors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts