2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list of personalizations that can be set?

For Example, Engine Oil Flexible Maintenance.

I am bringing my car to the dealer and I want to know what can be set so I don't miss anything since they told me they will set it once for free.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The manual doesn't seem to list everything. like it didn't list the flexible maintenance oil changes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think everything has been given to the owners control, aka don't think there is anything that can only be adjusted by dealer so no more personalization list.

Just dig through the menus and figure it out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think everything has been given to the owners control, aka don't think there is anything that can only be adjusted by dealer so no more personalization list.

Just dig through the menus and figure it out.
That would help if I had the 7" color display but I don't. I have found at least one item that I can't change without the dealer. I just wanted to know if there's anymore since I only get one free change from them.

·
Tiny Member
239 Posts
That would help if I had the 7" color display but I don't. I have found at least one item that I can't change without the dealer. I just wanted to know if there's anymore since I only get one free change from them.
Have you tried to change other settings? I don't think one can change a single setting without the 7" display.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ok....took me 4 minutes to navigate to the Mazda website, download the PDF owners manual and find the section. As I figured the only thing not changeable is the daytime running lights, based on the verbiage in the manual I don't think Mazda is doing other settings for free anymore.

https://www.mymazda.com/MusaWeb/pdf/manuals/2014_MAZDA3_OM.pdf

See page 574 for the list of customizable settings and the applicable owners manual page # (does not tie to PDF page #) to change the setting, majority of settings appear to be on owners manual 5-55.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to the dealer today and got a few things personalized. I had already read that list in the owner's manual but it's incomplete. That's why I posted on here looking for help.

I was able to have the following settings changed:

Daytime running lights
Flexible engine oil maintenance
auto locking of the doors when you walk away from the car.

The tech went though most of the settings with me while it was connected to the car but no one at the dealership could find a complete list.

·
Registered
97 Posts
there's a section in the workshop manual for personalization features. it should list everything, and tell you how it can be done.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Has anyone been able to remove the nav system handicap while the car is in drive?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Is there anyway to turn off the safety nag screen when you start the car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
158 Posts
I turned off the 'beep' sound for radio and navigation. That was an easy do it yourself change that I'm happy with. In the future, I hope Mazda will allow owners to upload their own wallpaper images to personalize things further.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts