2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Pennzoil Platinum + Walmart = sale

7K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  krimson viper 
#1 ·
I don't know if anybody else here runs PP, but Walmart has 5 quart jugs on sale for $20.00 at the moment. Figured I would give a heads up. I bought the last 4 jugs they had last night.

-Scooby

#3 · (Edited)
10 million years.

Valvoline.com said:
#

Does motor oil have an expiration date? How long is it generally good for?

Valvoline motor oil does not have a documented expiration date. Under optimal conditions, the product is stable for an extended period of time and can be used as long as the American Petroleum Institute (API) rating on the label continues to meet or exceed the requirements listed in your owner's manual. If the rating is still current, shake the container before use to blend any additives that may have settled.

Reactions: StitcH
#5 ·
that is a good deal, considering the filter is like 10 bucks by itself!

#7 ·
Regular price at Advance Auto Parts is $12.99 for the filter, and $6.99/qt for the oil. So $47.94. I would say $30 is definitely a good deal, lol.
they had the filters on sale at a local parts place for 9.99 a while back, I am waiting for that sale again hopefully so I can pick up a case of filters to throw in the corner of the garage :clap:

#10 ·
doesn't bother me any, just wanted to throw out the good price on PP.

#12 ·
pennzoil platinum/ultra is highly highly rated via UOA over at bobistheoilguy.com and their new formula is touted as surpassing the performance of equally rated Mobil 1 oils.

I have been a Mobil 1 user until I went to subaru. Subaru's HATE Mobil 1 oil, they prefer german Castrol so that is what I ran in my subarus. When I went to mazda I checked out a bunch of UOA's from previous gen mazda 3 and pennzoil platinum came out on top time and time again against Mobil 1.

Right now I would put PP and M1 pretty much equal to each other. The new Pennzoil Ultra is supposed to be some serious shit, but I think it's a bit over kill for my Mazda, but it's what my father is switching to on his Aston Martin.

Reactions: dunston
#14 ·
I have been pretty big int he subaru community since 2000, and every time I have tried to use Mobil 1 in my subaru I find a higher burn off rate, and my oil analysis have always come back less than stellar. This seems to be a big trend across the board for most subaru owners. I switched to german Castrol and completely eliminated oil consumption and my oil analysis was much better. With M1 my intervals were not rec. over 4k miles and based on my oil analysis with castrol it was bumped up to 6k miles with the same wear results. Now on my Honda mobil 1 gave me great performance and oil analysis. Had really high metal deposits on the M1 with the suby. I plan on putting one more oil change of platinum through the mazda before doing my first oil analysis on my MZ3 and then go from there.

#16 · (Edited)
German Castrol is very hard to find. It will say "made in germany" on the back. Castrol has two different formulas they sell one is made in the USA and one is made in Germany. The German made Castrol or what used to be called green Castrol cause it had green dye in it, but I digress.

#18 ·
Yup, and pep boys veeeeeeery rarely

#21 ·
I think Pennzoil is preferred in the the MS3 as well. I think Pennzoil is starting to perform better with Japanese turbo'd motors than Mobil1. I used to run Castrol in my previous 2.0 3i, and I'm now using Mobil1, and the engine feels stronger and peppier.

.: Blackstone Labs Oil Reports :.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.