2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've been dealing with some issues with the pcv valve on my 2012 speed3 due to attempting to install a OCC and breaking my pcv valve. It happened over a weekend when dealer was closed and auto parts stores do not carry this part in stock yet.

So I wanted to post some helpful info incase this happens to anyone trying to install an OCC as the PCV valves are easily broken.

First off... If your PCV valve breaks, most of you will go looking around on the internet on how to replace it, almost all forums or guides will tell you you have to remove the intake manifold and tons of other stuff to get to it from the top. This is not the case,... If you get underneath the car and remove the plastic undertray you can feel around the black plastic cover that holds the PCV valve im place and locate the eight 10mm bolts, at least 4 of them you cant see but you can feel them around the top-side of the cover. If you get a 1/4 inch ratchet and a 1/4 inch swivel you can reach all of these bolts. I did this in about 25 minutes and installed the new PCV valve and put the undertray back on within an hour, this is much less time and effort than taking the intake manifold and tons of connections off.. My best advice would be to do this after the car is completely cooled down because you will be squeezing your hands into some tight spots.

This has been more than a week ago, sorry I dont have pictures hut I hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They work really good I even put one on my girls jeep liberty! Just be VERY careful when removing the hose from the pcv valve, it breaks easily. I would recommend removing the hose from the intake manifold side first so you can gently twist it off of the valve side, happy venturing

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm subbing, since I have an OCC just waiting to go in.
Same here...

Im waiting around to see what everyone brakes first, than going to put it in :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts