2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Whoa Derrick posted. Haven't seen you around in a long while. You just been lurking?

That is a huge weight drop. I wonder what they did besides removing all the interior and sound deadening material.

·
Registered
598 Posts
thats awesome!

I actually saw a racing special on TV not too long ago, and he was in it talking about how sick mazdas are and that there is nothing else that sounds like a mazda... and you know when the mazda is coming.. I think it was an RX8 he was driving at the time.

·
1,091 Posts
Patrick Dempsey has his own Mazda racing team: Dempsey Racing, which competes in the Rolex series.

He drove one of the RX8s on his team in the Rolex 24 at Daytona earlier this year. Truly a driving and team enthusiast, though his teammates are consistently quicker behind the wheel.

It's kinda funny, cause "McDreamy" has sparked interest in auto racing with a lot of females who normally wouldn't be due to his role on Grey's Anatomy.

·
Crazy for the ZOOM-ZOOM
45 Posts
Patrick Dempsey has his own Mazda racing team: Dempsey Racing, which competes in the Rolex series.

He drove one of the RX8s on his team in the Rolex 24 at Daytona earlier this year. Truly a driving and team enthusiast, though his teammates are consistently quicker behind the wheel.

It's kinda funny, cause "McDreamy" has sparked interest in auto racing with a lot of females who normally wouldn't be due to his role on Grey's Anatomy.
I saw Dempsey and his team race at Mid-Ohio last year. If I remember right they finished 6th in the GT class.
funny it was the only race my wife wanted to go to...LOL

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
I respect him for his commitment and support of racing.....he's not just some actor with enough money to play around in a race car.....he's been paying his dues for several years now....some of you older guys may remember another very, very good race car driver who did a little acting on the side.....his name was Paul Newman.....

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I respect him for his commitment and support of racing.....he's not just some actor with enough money to play around in a race car.....he's been paying his dues for several years now....some of you older guys may remember another very, very good race car driver who did a little acting on the side.....his name was Paul Newman.....
Didn't he make salad dressings too?!?!?! lol

·
Registered
699 Posts
"He will be racing alongside Porsches, Corvettes, Vipers, Scions, and Acuras, among others." should be interesting

·
D/A
328 Posts
ENGINE: 2.5 liter/ 4 cylinder built by comptech usa
Compression........ 12.5.1
Horsepower.......... 270 @ 7800rpm
Torque................. 220 @ 6400
Redline................ 8300

WANT.
Hmm, seems like they didn't put enough effort in making more power. Is this N/A or turbo? N/A than egg in my face...

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
haha, It will be interesting to have cable again, so I can start watching the races... I miss cable... :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts