2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a lot of research, I finally went ahead and ordered a PMM for my 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L. The problem was, I couldn't find the dang part to save my life. I could find the OEM version which was around $110ish...but I was wanting to find something much cheaper. Every part I found said it was for the 2.0L or 2.3L, well...if I had to guess, I would imagine that for the 2010 Mazda 3, they were probably all the same fit. I went ahead and ordered this:

Eagle-BHP-3838H-Front-Engine

Amazon said it will NOT fit my 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L, but a comment on the product from a guy said that it did, so I figured for $30 and 5 yr warranty why not try it. Well, it did fit perfectly fine. Just wanted to share this info with any other 2010 2.5L folks that this part does work. I noticed a few weeks ago that my front right bay was filled with that orange hydraulic fluid from the motor mount that must have cracked on the rubber. When taking off my old PMM, it was still in tack pretty well and wasnt falling to pieces like I have seen other peoples do. I have posted some pictures about the work I did today. By far the BIGGEST PITA is always getting that underbelly plastic cover off as well as getting off the dang coolant reserve tank. After those 2 are done, its pretty simple (MAKE SURE TO JACK UP THE OIL PAN WITH A BIG BLOCK OF WOOD TO EVEN OUT WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION!!!)

Well, I tried to upload pictures to this, but it says my post count isn't high enough. I will upload my pictures when I am able to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trying to get pictures to work.

I just drove about 100 miles today for work and the new PMM is still holding up. Even though the part on amazon said it wasnt a fit for the 2010 Mazda 3 2.5L, it definitely is working so far.

Attachments

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
holes are larger on the 09 back models it may bore the holes with the studs slightly that's the only difference

1 - 3 of 3 Posts