2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. Just came back from my second routine maintenance and I was told my passenger front fenderliner is gone!

I remember some jerk a couple months ago driving in front of me in his pickup with something in the back and it flew out on the highway and I had no choice but to run it over.

I pretty much just looked at the front bumper to notice a little scrape and didn't notice the passenger side was totally missing something underneath.

The dealership is quoting me at $223.71 to fix this. Anyone have any experience with this job? I'm a novice when it comes to car repair, and I am wondering if I will be able to do this myself.

Also, where would a good place to be to buy the part I need?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi, all. Just came back from my second routine maintenance and I was told my passenger front fenderliner is gone!

I remember some jerk a couple months ago driving in front of me in his pickup with something in the back and it flew out on the highway and I had no choice but to run it over.

I pretty much just looked at the front bumper to notice a little scrape and didn't notice the passenger side was totally missing something underneath.

The dealership is quoting me at $223.71 to fix this. Anyone have any experience with this job? I'm a novice when it comes to car repair, and I am wondering if I will be able to do this myself.

Also, where would a good place to be to buy the part I need?

Thanks in advance!
Shouldn't be too hard to replace. If you take your wheel off, you should be able to put it in fairly easily. Looking online, looks like the liner is $50-60. You'd have to look at the driver side and see how many clips or screws you'll need (assuming they came out with the liner).

Even then, if you get a breakdown from the dealer for that $223 quote, you may be able to source the parts from elsewhere and have the dealer or an autoshop install them for you. You may be able to save some money that way and not have to worry about doing it yourself.

Reactions: kodur

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I ran over a metal bar that flew off some truck in front of me. It scraped the bumper and left a mark and it also knocked loose the liner. Since the liner was loose it was touching the tire so it shredded it to pieces. Dealer replaced it for me and it was about $150'ish if I remember correctly and the liner itself cost about $70'ish. Since the holes that holds the clips from fender to bumper was broken, they helped used some nuts and bolts to keep it in place.

It is very likely your fender liner got loose after hitting the object and you ran over it and it ripped off, that's what happened to one of my previous cars too.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Lost my left front fender-liner in a recent encounter with a massive pothole/sinkhole, and am having that (among other things) repaired at a local body shop. The invoice indicates that the fender-liner costs about $70 ($68.99, to be exact, which is in line with what @lowincash said) and requires 6 "fender liner clips" at a cost of US$11.60 each, [!] which seems like a complete rip-off, but there it is. Anyway, hope this helps.

Reactions: kodur
1 - 7 of 7 Posts