Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
My wife and I just got back from a 3000 mile return trip to the southern states in our new (Jan) 2010 Mazda 3 sport GS with the 2.5 engine. This machine has lots of power and is a hoot to drive, although the mileage was slightly disappointing.
My question is the "Pass Airbag Off" sign stayed on many times with my wife sitting in the passenger seat. She weighs about 95 pounds. Does this mean the airbag system was off for her. The manual says its off for anyone under 66 pounds. Should we get the dealer to check. Thanks.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
That's odd. I notice mine goes on (lights up) every once and a while when my girlfriend sits in the passenger seat (she weighs about 100 lbs.) I wonder if they just aren't sitting in the seat right, or if the sensor is loaded too far forward or back on the seat cushion.

·
Silver Demon
837 Posts
Could it possibly be a setting that you can get the dealer to change

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same problem with my similar sized gf (100lbs). It doesn't happen a lot and sometimes the light goes off after driving around for a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the comments and information. I have put her on a diet of pizza and beer until she gains 20 pounds. THANKS MAZDA.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont have that problem, my girlfriend is around 100 lbs also. My problem is that the light is always off. When i start the car the light will turn on for a moment, then it turns off regardless if there is someone in the seat or not. I assume the light should stay lit when there is nobody in the seat and turn off when someone is in the seat. Do you guys think I should take it to the dealer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.